Renzo Confirmed!

We are very excited about Renzo attending the Grappling Hall of Fame Dinner/Banquet on January 22, in Teaneck NJ.

Check out the company at his table!

Renzo’s Table:

Renzo Gracie

Cristina Gracie

Cora Gracie

Ruran Gracie

Catarina Gracie & Guest

Ricardo Almeida

Ally Almeida

Rolles Gracie Jr.

Igor Gracie

Gregor Gracie

Rafael "Gordinho" Correa

If you would like to sit near Renzo at the event. Request Tables 30 or 31.

THE GRAPPLING HALL OF FAME

The First Annual Induction Ceremony will be held January 22, 2005, just outside New York City, at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, Teaneck, NJ. Premiere inductees will include (Also confirmed to ATTEND):

Royce Gracie
Renzo Gracie
Ricardo Liborio
Bob Schirmer
Jacare Cavalcante
Danny Schulmann
Lloyd Irvin

Media Award = Joel Gold (Full Contact Fighter Magazine)
Instructor of the Year = Fernando "Cabeca" Sarmento

The banquet
includes dinner, cash bar, DJ, etc;

GRAPPLING HALL OF FAME DINNER

WHEN: Saturday, January 22, 2005 (Doors open at 7 PM)
WHERE: Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe ( Teaneck , NJ)
WHAT: 800 Capacity Dinner Banquet – Open to all
INFO: GrapplingHallofFame.com
COST: $68 Adults, $55 Children (Includes Tax & Tip)

IMPORTANT FACTS:

Ø If you would like to go, please make your reservations today. There are only 60 tables, the event will sell out.

Ø Only 12 people can sit at a table, please let us know who you would like to sit with.

Ø Make your reservations today with your credit card or by mailing in the attached application with a check. The deadline is January 17, 2005.

If you would like to attend, you must purchase a dinner:

PURCHASE YOUR DINNER HERE:
Click here

DISCOUNT HOTEL
MARRIOTT TEANECK at GLENPOINT - Only $79 a night
100 Frank W. Burr Blvd. Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone (201) 836-0600

ttt

TTT I'm a big Renzo fan

What, they forgot the invite to Luke Beston, probibly in the mail eh.

Danny "Tiger" Schulmann

????

how did you guys go about choosing who will be inducted?

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember seeing Renzo profiled on a thread that included profiles for inductees. Do you send out invitations and only the ones that accept get inducted?

Congrats Liborio!!!!!

"How many Gracies are there?!!?!?!?!"

Carlos Gracie had 21 children

Helio had 9 children

WTF is Tiger Schulmann doing on there?

Take his name out and put Gene LeBell in IMO.

Tiger Schullman's induction is indeed controversial...

" WTF is Tiger Schulmann doing on there?
Take his name out and put Gene LeBell in IMO. "

Hence my questions.

"WTF is Tiger Schulmann doing on there?
Take his name out and put Gene LeBell in IMO. "

I wonder how many students Gene sends to NAGA vs. Renzo, ATT or TSK?

so its based on how many students are sent to one tournament?

I agree. Shouldn't it based on ability, longevity and contribution to the sport. Merely having a lot of competitors is a measure of nothing other than that you have a lot of students. There are tons of grapplers that should be considered first. And maybe one or two like Gene, that are not BJJ guys.

ttt

Irvin I can understand because he has produced some phenoms who do well on every level of the sport in America. Schirmer I gave the benefit of the doubt because he has some good guys and competes himself.

But there doesnt seem to be any justification for Schulmann. What is his grappling background anyway?

Schulman learned grappling/BJJ somewhere. He got into early on. I heard that he only took privates from a senior Gracie in the NYC area. Then he made it part of TSK's ciriculum.

Can anyone elaborate???

Take a look at the Ranked results. TSK has adult fighters that enter and Place in advanced divisions. It's a shame that you are discounting the many talented children that are part of TSK. I am personally more impressed when I see child's accomplishments at a young age. Everyone is going to have an opinion. The write up in original Hall of Fame thread states why each inductee was chosen. (By the way-this thread is about Renzo!!!!)