Renzo Gracie and Gumby on Inside BJJ

I started another thread but I jacked up the title on accident. Perhaps, a mod can delete it?

http://www.insidebjj.com/2013/10/14/101-renzo-gracie-and-alan-gumby-marques/

Yo. don't quit! Love the show.

So I've just listened to the intro so far and had to run on here and comment,to describe it in one word or less : EPIC Phone Post 3.0

This will be gold.

Listened to the entirety of the Gumby section. Was really good. In particular talking about the Norcal/Socal divide. Different scenes and cultures etc.

i want to start a petition for you guys to not do any interviews. you show is hilarious. i was lauging like retard on the train today at the Matt and ernest show

the guests just bring it down a notch

:P

Great episode. Now go get the Iron Sheik on the show. Skeet, skeet. Phone Post 3.0

I love my Uncle Renzo, but Gumby stole that show. Great episode.

Gumby was awesome.
I thought it was funny, though, that everyone wanted him on to tell more stories about the old days - and he didn't tell any stories about the old days.
Maybe a little to do with Tim's interview style where he asks two questions at the same time, and the interviewee answers one and forgets the other? Phone Post 3.0

renatopenha - Gumby was awesome.
I thought it was funny, though, that everyone wanted him on to tell more stories about the old days - and he didn't tell any stories about the old days.
Maybe a little to do with Tim's interview style where he asks two questions at the same time, and the interviewee answers one and forgets the other? Phone Post 3.0
I know man. I try not to do that. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. But I don't think he wanted to tell any stories because he doesn't want to glorify the "knucklehead" behavior that he may have partaken in. Just my two cents. Phone Post 3.0

tf1 - 
renatopenha - Gumby was awesome.
I know man. I try not to do that. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. But I don't think he wanted to tell any stories because he doesn't want to glorify the "knucklehead" behavior that he may have partaken in. Just my two cents. Phone Post 3.0

he's saving his stories for the ME show

also, i got an MKimonos gi due to your propaganda and now i kind of feel like you owe me. I don't want to take all the donations your show gets. i just want to skim some off the top. just wet my beak.

Thanks for the opportunity to be on and the feedback (overwhelmingly positive, cool!).

I don't have an agenda or script when I do these types of things (interviews and the like), but having done a few of them sometimes I catch myself telling the same stories. I just try to go with the flow of the conversation. I know lately there has been a big interest in "old school" stories and I don't have a problem telling them, as long as I can provide some kind of context to them. After all, it can't really get much worse than the whole Cameron Earle situation, now can it?

One thing I have realized is that while there are always three sides to a story (yours, mine and the truth) I don't think it ultimately benefits anyone to distort the truth. I don't tell second hand stories, only things I've personally witnessed.

I've always been a bit hush on training room stories because I do believe in the adage of what happens in the dojo stays in the dojo, so I'll never answer a who tapped who question or the like.

Thanks for replying Gumby. We had a great time talking with you. Thanks again. Phone Post 3.0