Renzo Gracie shows how to escape from a guillotine

ReneH - No disrespect to Renzo but the guy that setup the guillotine has several options to consider if he is losing the hold. Once Renzo puts his arm over the guys shoulder, he sets himself to be taken down and the guy can still finalize the choke by chaininig it to a neck crank.

^^ This

Sub Phone Post

Never seen that last one before. Great stuff. My fav Gracie!

Sub Phone Post

ReneH - No disrespect to Renzo but the guy that setup the guillotine has several options to consider if he is losing the hold. Once Renzo puts his arm over the guys shoulder, he sets himself to be taken down and the guy can still finalize the choke by chaininig it to a neck crank.

Once the arm is over the shoulder, Renzo is demonstrating the leverage aspect. In real time, the arm goes over and he is shifting to the same side to initiate his takedown which pretty much neutralizes any offense.

Also, this is one technique. If you think that Renzo isn't aware of counters to counters of counters... you should meet him in person.

I remember that guillotine defense from the very first Renzo/Kukuk videos years and years ago. That OG right there! Phone Post

DarthChoke - I remember that guillotine defense from the very first Renzo/Kukuk videos years and years ago. That OG right there! Phone Post

Hmmmm... Or was it Pedro Carvalho's .... One of those. Phone Post

In Phone Post

Sub Phone Post

I has a sub Phone Post

Later Phone Post

sub

Sub Phone Post

for later

oh that's how you do it. got it.

I love this!! We drill it with takedowns. It helps when attempting head outside singles or if someone stuffs your head for a guillotine when you shoot a double. It's my go to guillotine defense when attempting takedowns. Pass a lot of guards with that set up. The Von Flue choke is hard to finish tho. But even if you don't, it make people miserable and if they break their grip to defend you almost always get an arm triangle. Phone Post

as usual, Renzo is the man.

chris colquitt - as usual, Renzo is the man.

Yup. Phone Post

ttt

Anyone that isn't a fan of Renzo Gracie should seriously considering suiciding themself.