Repercussions of Facebook shutting down?

A friend of mine was discussing this with me yesterday.

What would happen f Facebook suddenly shut down and was no more?

People would have alot more time on their hands. I've never had Facebook, and still hear about it nonstop from coworkers. It's a disease. Phone Post 3.0

MarsMan - Attention starved people wouldn't even blink and just migrate to another site. Phone Post 3.0

Probably but they would have to find it first.

I suspect chaos will happen in between those two events.

Hate420 - People would have alot more time on their hands. I've never had Facebook, and still hear about it nonstop from coworkers. It's a disease. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know if it's a disease but it does take time to use.

Like anything, if you use it too much, it falls off....no...wait...that doesn't sound right...

RockTheVote - 

its how i communicate with a lot of my students, so id have to figure that out. other than that, i think it wouldnt affect me much.

I communicate with my family through it since I live further away so I suppose I would have to start using the phone...

Well it would suck for those of us using it as a free service. My band Noble Vibes has a great presence and even though it's passive it helps get people to our shows.

Outkaster - Well it would suck for those of us using it as a free service. My band Noble Vibes has a great presence and even though it's passive it helps get people to our shows.

Curious, how much do you think Facebook has helped your band?

I think a few normal people would be mildly disappointed and a whole bunch of retards would panic.

Nothing would change for me. Phone Post 3.0

I don't have a book of face but I know a lot of people who would go into serious depression and probably off themselves. Let's cleanse the gene pool. Shut it down!!!! Phone Post 3.0

From your moth mouth to gods ears. I file hate Facebook Phone Post 3.0

People would move to other social networks like Instagram. Many folks already have. Phone Post 3.0

People would probably go back to MySpace. Is that even still around? Phone Post 3.0

Most people seem to use 3 or 4 services anyway, so I don't think it'd be a huge issue

huge stock market crash because of the panic caused be a well know going to nothing. see the Enron issue.

You'd have trashy people acting like they got robbed.

"All my pictures was there!"

"They can't do that!"

Past that, they'd migrate to wherever else or open a vein and ease into a warm tub after eating many aspirins. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe I'd finally be able to convince my friends we should go back to AIM.

I miss AIM.

Tom over at Myspace would be loving life?

McBottery - Maybe I'd finally be able to convince my friends we should go back to AIM.

I miss AIM.
Go go gadget away message was my go to for AIM Phone Post 3.0

So the better question is this I suppose...what would happen if the internet stopped working?

MySpace - back in the game bitches!!! Phone Post 3.0