Republican kills CCW bill because... Gay Marriage

VinegarStrokes - 

Embracing of the religious right really is killing the republican party. It alienates so many people because of their insanity and their stance on shit that shouldn't fucking matter.

I agree... I very much believe in a higher power. And I like the idea of my political leaders believing in one as well if only because the idea of giving someone that kind of power to wield who doesn't believe in any higher moral authority than themselves is off putting. That said, I also don't want them governing and making laws based on their religion.

Yes, I know it's a fine line and borderline hypocritical, but what can you do?

lol at making this about a "deviant lifestyle"

its about the financial benefits allowed by the Feds for married couples ya dummy. there's literally zero logical reason why a gay couple thats been together for 50 years shouldn't have the same financial benefits derived from "marriage" that a straight couple has.

why should a gay couple be taxed more when one partner dies after 30 or 40+ years together than a straight couple?

and another legit lol at talking about the sanctity of marriage when the divorce rate is over 50%. 

HELWIG - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - You can be FREE to carry weapons and even hide them, but you can't be FREE to we'd whoever you love. Amurica! Phone Post 3.0

All the fruitbats say shit like this yet theyre perfectly ok with many restrictions on "marrying whoever you love".

The person has to be of legal marrying age. So all the people attracted to kids are shit out of luck. Who cares, right?

The person has to be a non-blood relative. So all the people attracted to legal adults within their family are shit out of luck. Who cares, right?

The person has to be a human being. So all the people attracted to animals or objects are shit out of luck. Who cares, right?

It has to be limited to one person. So all the people attracted to multiple legal adults that want to marry them are shit out of luck. Who cares, right?

Ultimately, why is it so hard to add one more restriction to the many that the majority of people are already ok with? 

The person has to be of the opposite gender. Whats so unreasonable about that?

When you break it down to the core, everyone has the exact same rights. Nobody can "marry" an individual of the same sex. Being gay doesnt magically entitle you to something nobody else can do.

Any moreso than being a pedofile or attracted to animals or trees or any other bullshit entitles you special privileges.

Youre free to live in peace as long as you dont break laws, but why on earth would you be entitled to state-sanctioning of your deviant lifestyle?

You do realize that we're wasting countless amounts of mental energy on an issue that is relevant for maybe 2% of the population?

you can marry a underage with parents consent

i believe you actually can marry a blood relative. see jerry lee lewis

lol @ deviant lifestyle

you like blowjobs? guess what, ur a deviant and a sodomite.

sreiter - 
HELWIG - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - You can be FREE to carry weapons and even hide them, but you can't be FREE to we'd whoever you love. Amurica! Phone Post 3.0

All the fruitbats say shit like this yet theyre perfectly ok with many restrictions on "marrying whoever you love".

The person has to be of legal marrying age. So all the people attracted to kids are shit out of luck. Who cares, right?

The person has to be a non-blood relative. So all the people attracted to legal adults within their family are shit out of luck. Who cares, right?

The person has to be a human being. So all the people attracted to animals or objects are shit out of luck. Who cares, right?

It has to be limited to one person. So all the people attracted to multiple legal adults that want to marry them are shit out of luck. Who cares, right?

Ultimately, why is it so hard to add one more restriction to the many that the majority of people are already ok with? 

When you break it down to the core, everyone has the exact same rights. Nobody can "marry" an individual of the same sex. Being gay doesnt magically entitle you to something nobody else can do.

Any moreso than being a pedofile or attracted to animals or trees or any other bullshit entitles you special privileges.

Youre free to live in peace as long as you dont break laws, but why on earth would you be entitled to state-sanctioning of your deviant lifestyle?

You do realize that we're wasting countless amounts of mental energy on an issue that is relevant for maybe 2% of the population?

lol @ deviant lifestyle

I would think the traditional marriage crowd should consider a fornicator that is pushing forty and still doesn't have a wife or kids deviant.

sreiter -
HELWIG - 

lol @ deviant lifestyle

You aren't a sodomite for liking it, you are for doing it. Phone Post 3.0

Did anyone tell him that women are in the armed services now and have husbands that aren't? So the word "Spouses" which he thinks means a gay couple actually doesn't. Well it did in a very very vague way until he blurted it out like a raging homophobe.

They did the right thing

Should be two separate bills. Phone Post 3.0

Trust - 
Mencken - As an aside, it's so fucking ludicrous how politicians piggy back completely unrelated laws. 

One of the things FL does right; all legislation must follow the single subject rule.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-subject_rule

That avoids nonsense like riders and amendments having nothing to do with the subject of the bill. I wish the Founders had written the SSR into Art. III of the Constitution.  

I don't think it's an entirely separate issue. I think what the ammendment to the bill says is that the spouses who will receive this waiting period exemption would be determined by the military's definition of "spouse", not necessarily the state's standard.

So, if the military says Steve is legally Roger's spouse, then Steve gets the exemption. This irks the other Senator because it could be construed as the state recognizing the spousal relationship.

I don't think it's a totally different issue. I think it's part of the fine print for this CCW permit exemption.

I get why you may not like homosexuality, i just dont understand why you care so much about homosexuals that you want the government to do something about it. Its not going to make them not gay, its not going to make less people agree with you or them. Why cant you just hate them and stay out of their lives? Even if you ban gay marriages their still gonna fuck. Even if you make that illegal they will still do it. How many government resources do you want going to stamp out homosexuality? Why not move to Saudi Arabia then you can have morality police making sure everyone is following your gods strict guidlines?

HELWIG - 

Good post sir.

sparkuri - 
sreiter -
HELWIG - 

lol @ deviant lifestyle

you get convicted of sodomy for oral copulation. both giving and recieving

sreiter -
sparkuri - 
sreiter -
HELWIG - 

lol @ deviant lifestyle

you get convicted of sodomy for oral copulation. both giving and recieving
Not for liking it. Phone Post 3.0

HELWIG - 

I get that you don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle but explain to me why you are so outspoken on this issue? I think over the years I have come to know you a bit better and we get along much better than we used to. We even tend to agree on alot of things. In saying that ,I believe your far more aggressive in threads concerning homosexuality then you are a debate about the existence of God.

This isn't just a Helwig thing. It's alot of Christians and I don't understand it. So little of the bible is dedicated to it, you would think by the religious reaction to it that it was foundation to the belief.

I will admit it's hard to understand coming from my perspective since i'm not religious. Is there a difference between religious and personal belief? Like, you do things because the bible says to but not because you want to, is that possible? What i'm getting at is, is this both a response religiously and personally or are they both the same thing in this sense.

If Sin is Sin, I don't get why this particular one is judge so harshly based upon everything I have already mentioned.

Could you kindly give me some insight here.

Other christians feel free to chime in as well. I just am more familiar with Helwig as a poster then some of you newer people.

Compromises. I have no problem with this. Phone Post 3.0

selective religious outrage is my favorite...

Helwig gets psycho over the gays.

Shiloh - Helwig gets psycho over the gays.

yeah, weird.

i agree with him 100% about the state of the UFC and all the bullshit going on there, but its like he goes off the rails when it comes to the homos.

Mr. Wright - 
Shiloh - Helwig gets psycho over the gays.

yeah, weird.

i agree with him 100% about the state of the UFC and all the bullshit going on there, but its like he goes off the rails when it comes to the homos.

LOL exactly. he kills it on The McUFC and fedor, then goes off the rails on anything gay LOL

amadeus -
VinegarStrokes - 

Embracing of the religious right really is killing the republican party. It alienates so many people because of their insanity and their stance on shit that shouldn't fucking matter.

I agree... I very much believe in a higher power. And I like the idea of my political leaders believing in one as well if only because the idea of giving someone that kind of power to wield who doesn't believe in any higher moral authority than themselves is off putting. That said, I also don't want them governing and making laws based on their religion.

Yes, I know it's a fine line and borderline hypocritical, but what can you do?
It's more off putting to give someone that believes in fucking fairy tales that much power.

Thanks for doing your part in continuing to fuck this world up. Phone Post 3.0