REQ: quotes about knives

looking for quotes (movie or any non-movie legit quotes) about knives. looking for something like the seriousness of the use of the knife or something like that as opposed to the paul hogan/crocodile dundee quote about "that ain't a knife, this is a knife."

TIA. [cross posted on OG for movie quotes]

i have so far:

"Soap: Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, f*ck-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. Shit 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

LOCK, STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS

--------------

"Léon: The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn."

LEON

-------------

"Gia Carangi: Where's my knife? Who took my fucking knife? What do I look like, fucking terrorist?! Is this funny? What the fuck is WRONG with you people?! Where the fuck- get the fuck away from me! GET AWAY! WHERE IS MY KNIFE?! *crying* God, you can't... you can't do that! You don't take somebody's knife when they need it!"

GIA

-------------

"Jim Malone: Just like a Wop to bring a knife to a gunfight."

THE UNTOUCHABLES

from a movie... "When a man is chasing a woman in the park, naked with a butcher's knife in his hand, I don't think he'll be collecting for the Red Cross!" Detective Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) in Dirty Harry (1971). from reality... my all time favorite (underlined, below)... I cut and pasted the essense of the post to give you an idea for the part leading up to it...:"Martial arts are wonderful. They teach balance, speed, power and body mechanics. They teach technique, which gives us confidence. Some go deeper into spiritual issues....Unfortunately, all of those things go away when you are standing there with a knife in your hand.All of those techniques, all that breathing, ALL OF IT. Gone.Instead, your vision becomes tunnel. Respiration, fcked. Fine motor skills (technique), GONE. Your body hunches a bit, shoulders move inward. All of this to protect, instinctively, your important parts.You are now primal man. Guns are different. Knives are primal. Do you feel it? Good, lets move on."Mick Strider, on knife killing.

Richard Marcinko, the Rogue Warrior when asked if he had ever used a knife to kill someone in combat:

"No, I always brought enough bullets."

"......I'll cut you a new maggot hole....." Lord of the Rings - Two Towers.

From George Silver's Brief Instructions Upon My Paradoxes Of Defence (c. 1605):Of the single dagger fight against the like weapon Cap. 15.1. First know that to this weapon there belongs no wards or grips but against such a one as is foolhardy & will suffer himself to have a full stab in the face or body or hazard the giving of another, then against him you may use your left hand in throwing him aside or strike up his heels after you have stabbed him...3. The manner of handling your continual motion is this, keep out of distance & strike or thrust at his hand, arm, face or body, that shall press upon you, & if he defends blow or thrust with his dagger make your blow or thrust at his hand.

"The last two moves are inquartata and passata soto..." (or something to that effect)--Hermes, from Exposure

"Wouldn't you rather die now--after a hump and a bellyfull of stolen beef--or would you rather have me drag you back to Montrose, where you can shit yourself on the gallows, a month hence?"--Robert Roy MacGregor, right before shanking Tom Sibald with his dirk, in the movie Rob Roy.

These movie quotes aren't verbatim, btw

"The knife is a great equalizer, but it is not God's gift to equalization" - Hock Hochheim

nice, any more?

i forget the exact wording, but it's words to the effect of:

if your opponent is better than you, you will die; if you are better than your opponent, he will die; if both knife fighters are equal in ability, you both will die.

the late PG Edgar Sulite

Speaking of PG Edgar

I was learning balisong from him.........and I noticed that his balisongs were rusty. So I offered to "clean them up" for him.......

He then goes "........no, no, no.........if the cut doesn't kill them, the rust will......"

Can't argue with that logic.

lol @ Raymond. i remember that one. that one is CLASSIC!

Quote from Bill Wallace That I use when I teach Knife Defense.
You may cut me, but you'll never live to see me bleed.