Requiem for a Dream

Must've seen this movie a 100 times over the years, but I'll be damned if the room doesn't get a little dusty every time I watch the scene where Harry goes to tell his mom he bought her the TV and realizes she's on speed. Just great acting all throughout.

Requiem for these nuts nerd

https://youtu.be/byc99upOZK8

This scene. She should've won an Oscar for sure.

You have to be a little twisted to watch it that many times. Amazing flick but my brain would implode if I watched it constantly. Had the sound track on CD back in the day. Great music to drive to

M0NARCH - https://youtu.be/byc99upOZK8

This scene. She should've won an Oscar for sure.

Oh wow...great movie...can't imagine wanting to watch it more than once.

Great movie, but fucked up.

Haven’t been able to watch that movie since my young 20s. Shit fucks with your head. 

One of my favs. It's so moving and sad. So many cuts in that movie too.

Two other movie which are similiar imo. Candy with heath ledger and Abbie cornish. 

Somersault with Abbie cornish and sam Worthington. Very ethereal soundtrack and superb acting. 

Two aussie classics. Not known that well.

Havent seen the movie but I have seen the 'ass to ass' scene probably a hundred times.

this was a sad, fucked up movie, i remember it being a standout film at the time. i could be wrong, but i dont recall many movies being as dark as that one at the time

Seen it like 10 times. That's enough for a while. Depressing as fuck. Very good movie though. 

Ive ate shrooms a hundred times and watched it its prob my favorite movie Spun isnt on that level but is another solid drug movie from that time.

KZTT_MMAfan55 -

Requiem for these nuts nerd

Ha!

Ass to ass! Ass to ass!

Love that movie. 

Leaving Las Vegas is another depressing movie that is fucking amazing. 

dhughes -

Oh wow...great movie...can't imagine wanting to watch it more than once.

This, great movie.

Not interested in a second viewing.

Nitecrawler -

Love that movie. 

Leaving Las Vegas is another depressing movie that is fucking amazing. 

Back when I was still in my drinking career that movie hit me harder emotionally than any movie I watched before or since. I remember watching it thinking how fucking accurate it was from the perspective of another alcoholic circling the drain. Now that I’ve been sober for years and my life is great I don’t think I could watch it again without it hitting me like a brick how close I was to ending up dead in bed like cage’s character. Very powerful movie and amazing portrayal of a addict and their mind set. 

Kids is a fucked up movie too

I tried to watch this movie but couldnt really get into it.

Is it more interesting if youve been an addict or known one?