Rescue Me

There's a lot of great series that get regularly mentioned on the OG. Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Shield... But for some reason this one doesn't get the same respect. For me I'd put it in the top 5, maybe top 3, of any series ever aired. Seriously, where's the love for Tommy and the crew...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgE19tnQeoY

Denis Leary being a well known joke thief, and Bill Hicks ripoff, might have something to do with it.

And adding Lenny Clarke to the cast to try and gain some street cred was TRANSPARENT.

Good show.  I enjoyed it but wouldn’t put it in the same tier as Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones.

Curtis_E_Bare - 

Good show.  I enjoyed it but wouldn’t put it in the same tier as Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones.

Maybe not over BB but I'd definitely put it over GoT... Especially considering how badly they've fucked up some of the storylines and much the show has deteriorated since they've ran out of GRRM's source material.

Good series for sure but It got repetitive after awhile.

First few seasons are great.. then it goes downhill. Still enjoyable for a rewatch, but I think it barely has an outside shot to make my top 15.

Really good first few seasons.  Went downhill really fast

jju - 

Really good first few seasons.  Went downhill really fast

This.

Legit great start, then beat it to death.

Turned to shit after like the 2nd season. Just an endless repeat of Tommy drinking, Tommy not Drinking, Tommy getting back with Janet, back with Sheila, back with Janet, etc. ALL TOMMY!!

They basically killed off all the side stories that made the first couple of seasons great. Just turned to a Dennis Leary jerkoff.

The daughter was hot.