Respect the Brock..... again

Brock Larson (Pictures) vs. Kevin Knabjan (Pictures)

Anyone that has watched MMA realizes that all in all it is a safe sport. However injuries in training are a very real factor in the fight game and often a serious injury derails an eagerly awaited match-up. Such is the case with the Larson-Condit fight we expected to see on this card.

Carlos Condit (Pictures) claimed the then-vacant WEC welterweight title in March and was slated to defend the belt against Brock Larson (Pictures) but a separated shoulder forced the champ off the card.

Larson returns to the WEC off an impressive first round submission stoppage of then unbeaten Erik Apple (Pictures). With a 20-1 pro MMA record (his only loss coming at middleweight) Larson has his sites firmly affixed on the WEC title. He trains with UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk (Pictures) and title or not, he'd jump at the chance to return to the Octagon in the future.

Taking Condit's place will be Chicago native Kevin Knabjian, a D-1 wrestler out of Eastern Illinois who trains with UFC veteran Clay Guida (Pictures).

Knabjian has won his last five fights by TKO or submission and hasn't lost since being KO'd by Miletich fighter and UFC veteran Laverne Clark.

The Hellhouse fighter has the opportunity to bring it to one of the division's best and make a name for himself. The problem is that Larson is geared up and ready to tear through anyone. I'd like to see my hometown fighter do well but one week's notice to get ready for this guy is asking a lot.

its the nose I think. I hope to see some of the stand up hes been training.

No I dont train with him, but I know him. Dont know who his corner will be, probably Jared from Brainerd and maybe Sherk?

This will be one of the few times Larson gets in with someone that has better wrestling--- I'm saying Brock by Kimura

ttt

ttt

ttt