Resumé tips?

I haven’t completed a resumé in like ten years. Any tips/tricks while constructing your first draft?

Um...post your resume (obv block off the name/contact info). No way to critique it otherwise.

southcraw -

I haven’t completed a resumé in like ten years. Any tips/tricks while constructing your first draft?

Include every job you have ever done from babysitting and paper delivery to today...  

In all seriousness though I worked with my business coach to develop mine.  When she finished with it I was seriously like, "huh, who the fuck is this guy?  he seems pretty deadly."  Worth the money.

Toki Wartooth -
southcraw -

Include every job you have ever done from babysitting and paper delivery to today...  

In all seriousness though I worked with my business coach to develop mine.  When she finished with it I was seriously like, "huh, who the fuck is this guy?  he seems pretty deadly."  Worth the money.

Haha that’s what I’m talking about.

as far as posting all my shit I’m scared to so that, even without personal specifics. Kind of just posting on a whim. Desperation, even

Lie all over it like everyone else. 

Make it 5 pages, minimum. 7-8 pages are what they are going to expect. 

I hate the theory that your resume can only be 1 page.  It is impossible.  Post your career accomplishments, and highlight things that will allow you to sell yourself as being universaly transferable from job to job/industry to industry

Also, tell them how big your OG sized cock is 

Bukkake -

I hate the theory that your resume can only be 1 page.  It is impossible.  Post your career accomplishments, and highlight things that will allow you to sell yourself as being universaly transferable from job to job/industry to industry

If youre mid-career, no one expects a single page resume.

Also, and probably more importantly, what does your cover letter look like?

In

EFM - 
Bukkake -

please excuse formatting as I just copy & pasted from word 

Dear XXXXXXX

With a record of managing sales growth and strategic partnerships for professional sports organizations (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) as well as full-service marketing agencies, I’m confident my background has made me a strong match for your Vice President, Sales opening.

Some accomplishments relevant to your current search include:

?  For the XXXXXXX I secured $1.8M+ in partnerships including the largest contract in the organization’s history.

?  For XXXXXXX., I generated more than $2.4M in revenue in 2 years and created the firm’s first CRM system as Chief Relationship Officer.

?  For the XXXXXX, I managed, retained, and captured premium accounts producing in excess of $8M; I also served Manager, CRM - liaising between sales and database management groups.

As the above demonstrates, I excel in client-facing environments. Equally committed to making an impact in the community, I have recently leveraged my strategic planning, marketing, team leadership, and sales expertise to improve operations at XXXXXXXXX

I would welcome an opportunity to explore the value I could offer to XXXXXXXX and will follow up within the next few days to see when it might be convenient to discuss my qualifications in greater detail. I appreciate your consideration, and I look forward to talking with you directly.

Sincerely,

Definitely in. Looking to move jobs this year.

EFM -
Bukkake -

This is true. Two pages is acceptable if it’s concise. But the cover letter is key. Make sure it links the key terms of the job description. They wanna know how the skills you have translate to their position and why you’re a good fit. Make that cover letter state that. 

Pro-tip for applying to a large company that uses an electronic filter for initial submissions. 

Copy/paste the entire job description in the smallest font available to an unused corner of your resume & color it white. When the computer scans your resume, every “hit word” will be recognized & pass yours to the next round. Once you get by any testing & make it to an interview, the copy/paste won’t show up on the white printer paper used to print out the candidate resumes. 

Obviously up to you to get the job but this trick will help with nomenclature differences between companies. 

Bukkake -
EFM - 
Bukkake -

please excuse formatting as I just copy & pasted from word 

Dear XXXXXXX

With a record of managing sales growth and strategic partnerships for professional sports organizations (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) as well as full-service marketing agencies, I’m confident my background has made me a strong match for your Vice President, Sales opening.

Some accomplishments relevant to your current search include:

?  For the XXXXXXX I secured $1.8M+ in partnerships including the largest contract in the organization’s history.

?  For XXXXXXX., I generated more than $2.4M in revenue in 2 years and created the firm’s first CRM system as Chief Relationship Officer.

?  For the XXXXXX, I managed, retained, and captured premium accounts producing in excess of $8M; I also served Manager, CRM - liaising between sales and database management groups.

As the above demonstrates, I excel in client-facing environments. Equally committed to making an impact in the community, I have recently leveraged my strategic planning, marketing, team leadership, and sales expertise to improve operations at XXXXXXXXX

I would welcome an opportunity to explore the value I could offer to XXXXXXXX and will follow up within the next few days to see when it might be convenient to discuss my qualifications in greater detail. I appreciate your consideration, and I look forward to talking with you directly.

Sincerely,

pretty good.  you want to bullet (as you have) specific job duties listed in their job description and address how you have excelled in those areas and have skills to do it.  I actually have mine in table form.  a brief opener, then the table, then a follow up and a closing paragraph.  it streamlines the pricess and also shows you k ow how to put a decent document together.

^ thnx man 

rmenergy -

Pro-tip for applying to a large company that uses an electronic filter for initial submissions. 

Copy/paste the entire job description in the smallest font available to an unused corner of your resume & color it white. When the computer scans your resume, every “hit word” will be recognized & pass yours to the next round. Once you get by any testing & make it to an interview, the copy/paste won’t show up on the white printer paper used to print out the candidate resumes. 

Obviously up to you to get the job but this trick will help with nomenclature differences between companies. 

Holy fucking geniusness

rmenergy -

It's not this guys first rodeo. This does work.

Tight.Anik -
rmenergy -

I work in exec recruitment and now control c all text to a word doc and change the colour to red in order to spot the frauds.

Tight.Anik -
Tight.Anik -
rmenergy -

I work in exec recruitment and now control c all text to a word doc and change the colour to red in order to spot the frauds.

It’s not a fraud if it’s just a nomenclature issue. Trip vs relayed, sync vs parallel, etc...

Make it perfect... Absolutely no mistakes...