Reug Reug suffers first loss, by throat punch

Are punches to the throat legal?

Are you allowed to win by TKO if the punch comes after the bell?

1 Like

Caposa pointed out on Twitter that Reug also threw a punch after the bell. I know his team is appealing. Not sure how that will affect things.

1 Like

they said last night that the bell doesnā€™t techincally stop the fight, the ref has to step in. He hadnā€™t yet. Also youā€™re supposed to protect yourself at all times. I have no idea whether throat punches are legal though in ONE

5 Likes

The bell is indeed the end of the round, thatā€™s going to be changed to a no contest imo. Rightfully so

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to know that too, you wouldnā€™t think so

In most states, the referee stopping the action ends the round, not the bell.

3 Likes

So all those video replays listening for the horn, watching the clock, and the term ā€œsaved by the bellā€ are all BS now. Got it. Thanks

1 Like

Ruh Roo Raggyā€¦ Reug Reug was a bag of wolf tickets

He couldnā€™t get the takedown and wanted a way out it looked like.

5 Likes

These fights are getting pussier and pussier. If you want to see real men going at it full tilt, go to www.kotsfights.com .

Protect yourself at all times & I doubt he was aiming for his throat. Plus they were both throwing at the end of the round when the bell sounded, not like he waited for the bell for him to drop his hands & suckered him.

2 Likes

It was just too close to the bell & during an exchange to fault the guy imo. Shit like that is going to happen when exchanging at the last second.

1 Like

Yes he couldnā€™t get anywhere with his wrestling and was gassing hard so played dead. Lame af

It was pretty shocking how limited this undefeated guy was . Was his goal to just push his opt to the fence and hope to win?

1 Like
  1. Who?
  2. Iā€™d like to throat punch that ring announcer.
1 Like

I was somewhat excited to see him fight. He took that and fucked its eyehole. I have no desire to ever see him fight again.

2 Likes

Yeah heā€™s now dead to me as well. That didnā€™t last long lol

2 Likes

Heā€™s going to appeal the loss. Eddie Alvarez just had his loss overturned, but itā€™s very rare that the athletic commissions do it.

Is a athletic commission involved?