Reverse Discrimination is Alive and Well!

I can remember sitting in my high school awards assembly and watching with amazement after a parade of african american students come across the stage to receive their scholarships, grants, checks etc...... An unremarkeable bunch other than their magnificent afros. That was the early 80s . yes I am an old fucker. 

Reverse discrimination is alive and well past present and future. At my workplace I observed african american co-workers with less experience and training have positions/promotions created for them to appease their screeching protests and pouting.  Monthly african american employee catered lunches to make them feel special. Made me sick. 

As my oldest son prepares to go to college , once again I am reminded of the racist double standards. I hated to tell him when he was growing up that straight As were great, especially in gifted and talented and Advanced Placement But they may not be good enough! Graduating a year early with a perfect 4.0 GPA in advanced  and honors math, reality has set in. Some black kid with behavioral problems and a solid B grade point average in regular will get into the college of their choosing with preference over my son.And get it for free.  lol. I knew it would end up like this. 

Im so sick and fucking tired of listening to whiny ass minority types cry and howl about how tough they have it. It is reaching a critical point in the last two months. Example is the martyrdom and hero worship of a piece of shit george floyd. Give me a fucking break. sick of this shit. 

I predict a backlash. i really believe this country will be divided by race like never before in modern history. 

discuss

13 Likes

I agree with everything you said. Black communities have some of the most violent and dangerous people in this country. They are the most racist group in America and have this ideology that they are owed something. I am tired of all the white guilt pussies pandering to them. If they are such a good group why do none of these white liberals move to Black Communities? Great people, great culture and cheap real estate. So white liberal pussies why don’t you go move to the black urban communities? Just like all the democratic politicians they don’t live within 50 miles of these places - hypocrisy at its finest 

11 Likes

Don't blame individuals for accepting scholarships. You'd do the same if offered. Blame those discriminating in giving scholarships, university administrators etc

4 Likes

racism exists everywhere

4 Likes

It's a zero sum game. If you're promoting a less qualified person on the basis of race as the primary criterion, by definition you are reverse discriminating against the other party.

1 Like

ryunz - 

Don't blame individuals for accepting scholarships. You'd do the same if offered. Blame those discriminating in giving scholarships, university administrators etc

I was offered scholarships because my last name looks to be Hispanic. In reality, I'm Italian. I turned them down.

1 Like

LOL I experienced it in college too. Black dudes got in trouble for stealing and vandalism . Coaches haul ass and arrive with a big wad of cash to buy them out of trouble. White dudes get into a little trouble and lose half their scholarship and are placed on scholastic probation. lol. 

Black dudes tear the payphones out of the walls of dormitory. Cover up and damage replaced. Keep moving, nothing to see here. White dudes broke some ceiling tiles worth about 50 bucks and parents are called, huge fucking deal, have to pay for damage, disciplined in strict manner. formal publicized discipline. 

Luckily one of the white dudes had means and his dads bad ass lawyer showed and gently mentioned the payphone and theft incidents that the black dudes were not disciplined. LOL . They put the brakes on that shit real quick. 

its a double standard. 

fucking sick of it. 

2 Likes

Racism and reverse racism is alive.  Racism is wrong and should be worked on by all to be reduced to a minimal existence.  It will never be eliminated.

If your kid graduated early with a 4.0 he has nothing to worry about. Wait and see before preemptively assuming something that won't happen will happen. The rest of your post may be right but your belief in the admissions process isn't

In my experience the biggest risk to him is actually a woman with similar GPA in math/sciences.

Good job on your kid! Congrats.

1 Like

he will go to college. getting some scholarship money is the trick. the place he wants to go , he has about 17% chance.   getting admitted. confirmed the college has diversity preferences and scholarships taking a lot of slots. 

fucking bullshit. how do they get away with this shit without getting sued?

Just say you are Hispanic.  

Even worse for hard working Asian students from poor neighborhoods.

Horus2001 - 

Just say you are Hispanic.  

This

It's not "reverse" discrimination or racism, it's just plain discrimination or racism.

5 Likes

Don’t say “reverse”. It’s racism and discrimination. Any discrimination based on race, no matter what the color, is racism. Don’t let them change the definition.

8 Likes

Hilldo -

Don’t say “reverse”. It’s racism and discrimination. Any discrimination based on race, no matter what the color, is racism. Don’t let them change the definition.

Was literally typing that. Reverse means it doesn't exist in that context.. or meaning you hate yourself and think everyone else is equally superior to you haha. It's not even a logical place to argue from.

2 Likes

Hilldo -

Came here to say all this. 

3 Likes

Rachel Jeantel was offered a full ride to any college even though she was functionally illiterate 

I worry about the backlash. I think the vast majority of white people aren't racist. I know I'm not racist. I don't give a shit about someone's race. And none of my friends seem to be racist. No at work is openly racist. And no one would dream of saying something like, "don't hire that dude, he's black".

So where is this racism that is supposedly wide-spread and systemic? After being prejudiced against by affirmative action in schools, scholarships, and jobs, while simultaneously being called a racist, it seems like a backlash is inevitable. Which is a crying shame.

2 Likes

The problem for me is that I worry that I will be forced to pick a side in the coming racial tensions that will only continue to worsen if left to their current trajectory.

I am white.

I grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood and was often the target of what could be considered racial bullying.

I do not hold any grudges towards black people as a general rule, and I tend to judge people of any color by the content of their character, not their skin color, as per Dr. MLK's
"I have a dream" speach.

However, If I do not support BLM (and I don't, for many reasons) I will be forced into the camp of white supremacists or other racist groups that I also do NOT support nor do I want any part of, just because I'm white.

I would prefer just to let people succeed or fail based on their own merit, and allow me to do the same. But alas, this is humanity at its finest (or worst) and I'll probably have to move elsewhere where my skin tone is the majority (Russia?) and I'll be left the fuck alone to do my thing.