Reverse Discrimination is Alive and Well!

Samoa - 

Racism and reverse racism is alive.  Racism is wrong and should be worked on by all to be reduced to a minimal existence.  It will never be eliminated.

There is no such thing as 'reverse racism'.

Racism is racism.

1 Like

In my early 20's, I tied for high score on civil servant test to be a firefighter. After military and minority bonus points were added in, however, I was knocked to #5 on the list.

I worked with a black dude who really thought HE had outperformed everyone else on testing, to get the job we both had. After a few years of my correcting him on math and science related things, he realized how hard it had been for me.

The Navy's old BDCP program takes it to another level. They flat out told me my scores were high enough to be a Naval pilot, IF I had been anything other than a white male. But since I was, they MIGHT be able to get me in as a SWO. Desert Shield (then Storm) started a few months later, so it all came to naught after the program was cut back.

1 Like

Check out this diverse group of candidates for police chief...

Thelonious -

If your kid graduated early with a 4.0 he has nothing to worry about. Wait and see before preemptively assuming something that won't happen will happen. The rest of your post may be right but your belief in the admissions process isn't

In my experience the biggest risk to him is actually a woman with similar GPA in math/sciences.

Good job on your kid! Congrats.

I agree and disagree. 

The top 5 universities in the country turn down lots of people with 4.0 GPAs. Maybe even 6-10 ranked universities will turn down some as well. It really really helps to be a diversity admission. But even if you are a diversity admission you still need a solid gpa. Harvard has an average GPA above 4.0, meaning they don't just let in a bunch of black people or women with 3.0 GPAs. Maybe a couple might squeeze through but the vast majority will have pretty close to 4.0 GPAs as well. So for them a 4.0 GPA is enough, for a white male it is not. You either need some connections or you need to have done something significant or occasionally you need to just get lucky. Of course if you're less picky and you just apply to top 10 universities and don't care which one you get into then you will probably get admitted to at least 1 of them with a 4.0 GPA and probably realistically a couple of them. 

But ya this idea that these barely literate black people are getting admitted on mass to harvard, stanford, MIT, etc is just stupid. It isn't happening. 

Yes they have a large advantage in university admissions but its not like a 3.0 GPA will unlock the doors to top universities when you're black you still need a good GPA. 

Affirmative Action is discriminations.

Harvard's affirmative action against Asian's is racist.

Uber Eats providing free delivery for "black-owned" businesses is racist.

The institutions of education, mains stream and social media, Hollywood, TV, tech companies, etc. are all liberal.
The violent cities of Atlanta, Chicago etc. are governed by liberals.

If there's any "systemic racism", it is not against blacks.

But they have all the excuses, enabled by the PC coward Left.

1 Like

I have a differnt version of this that I witnessed, and I'm older than the OP.

During High School awards ceremonies that I attended in an ultra-liberal university community, it worked out differently.

There were quite a few scholarships given out for "minority" students that were obviously created by black social groups for black kids. Unfortunately, the critera for the awards specified "minority" instead of "black".

Virtually all of the awards went to right off the boat Asians and first generation Mexicans. No shit, black kids didn't get any of them.

They only got the awards if they were specified for African Americans.

I thought it was hilarious.

That's funny, the town I grew up in is in the above article for the police Chief candidates. Good old "Saudi Aurora." Right next to the part of Denver known as "Mont-Ghetto." (Montbello) Guess why.

So for them a 4.0 GPA is enough, for a white male it is not. 

there you have it. thats is 100% bullshit. 

Calling it reverse anything makes it seem lighter or lesser evil than actual racism which all of this is. The opposite or reverse side of racism is not prejudice at all.

Jayn200 -
Thelonious -

If your kid graduated early with a 4.0 he has nothing to worry about. Wait and see before preemptively assuming something that won't happen will happen. The rest of your post may be right but your belief in the admissions process isn't

In my experience the biggest risk to him is actually a woman with similar GPA in math/sciences.

Good job on your kid! Congrats.

I agree and disagree. 

The top 5 universities in the country turn down lots of people with 4.0 GPAs. Maybe even 6-10 ranked universities will turn down some as well. It really really helps to be a diversity admission. But even if you are a diversity admission you still need a solid gpa. Harvard has an average GPA above 4.0, meaning they don't just let in a bunch of black people or women with 3.0 GPAs. Maybe a couple might squeeze through but the vast majority will have pretty close to 4.0 GPAs as well. So for them a 4.0 GPA is enough, for a white male it is not. You either need some connections or you need to have done something significant or occasionally you need to just get lucky. Of course if you're less picky and you just apply to top 10 universities and don't care which one you get into then you will probably get admitted to at least 1 of them with a 4.0 GPA and probably realistically a couple of them. 

But ya this idea that these barely literate black people are getting admitted on mass to harvard, stanford, MIT, etc is just stupid. It isn't happening. 

Yes they have a large advantage in university admissions but its not like a 3.0 GPA will unlock the doors to top universities when you're black you still need a good GPA. 

Ya I agree completely with what you added. 

And if someone is getting diversity admin with a sub 4.0 GPA over someone else there is more to the story. Often they have had something extraordinary happen in their life that is weighted in the admissions process and it's rare.

I would even argue that having a letter of reference from someone important is weighted more in the admissions process than any other metric. I've seen way more rich kids get in with shitty GPA's than minorities.