Review of Nino's new Instruc. DVD

I went back and compared Nino's to bjjfighter and it looks like bjjfighter got it wrong. A number of flexible guys have tried to gogoplata me with the kind shown in bjjfighter and with a little effort you can get out here's why.

In a good omoplata, the guy's arm is palm up and wedged between you and him. This is what Nino calls omoplata locked. In Nino's gogoplata the guy arm is still trapped. Compare bjjfighter where the guy has gotten his arm completely out. If you're trying to gogoplata me from my right side and my right arm is free, I start to do a lot of mischief. For example, I can try to do a step over toe hold or just grab your top gogoplata hand and just rip your grip off.

I think we're going to have to set up a Nino seminar to figure this out!

Vito thank you for your time to answer our questions about Nino's DVD... I am going to order it tonight it sounds like a great set of techniques ....that gogoplata sounds sick..once again thanks for the review

ttt

Got it Friday and I am really happy with my purchase.I have the GrappleArts Omo Plata tapes I was worried with a bunch of overlap but this DVD set by Nino goes very well with it.Having somewhat an understanding of the position made Nino's set that much better.Sure there is some overlap on certain details but for the most part it was new material to me.His attcks from side control are some I have never seen and I have a very large tape collection.Like I said I believe you can't go wrong buying either the GrappleArts set or Nino's DVD .If you buy bother you have the omo plata well covered...

$100 for one DVD!!!!!!!!!!!

what about for someone who isnt very flexible?

Which one would I recommend???That would be hard to say...if you want just to learn the omo plata I would go with GrappleArts ...Nino's you get the omo plata and his side attcks and escapes....As far as which one I like the best....GrappleArts is the one I would go with..it shows the omo plata and the guard varations.If you have enough money buy both ..Nino's set is really good ...the side attacks are sick

http://www.dominiodproductions.com/

this is from the guy who filmed it

Please do not get the idea I am putting down Nino's set.. the quality of THE TWO ARE SO CLOSE TO PICK ONE YOU HAVE TO FLIP A COIN...Nino's set like I said if you want a set to improve more parts of your game his is a good place to start...the side control part is really cool with moves I have never seen before...

BIG thanks to Gerson and Domino D for filming the DVD!!! Great job and great information!!

www.DogsofWar.net

I'll get it when it goes on sale or on ebay.

way to support the sport!

That was my way of saying that it's too expensive.

BTW, I'm sure I support the sport more than the majority on here.

From what I've seen of guys like Nino, they're not rolling in money. They fly coach, sleep on people couches, etc. I'm actually happy for them if they can have a little pay day. I don't think people are making fortunes teaching in Brazil.

It isnt a stupid question, because most people have never seen anyone try this. Unless you watch the last time he fought in Pride. I am not sure it will work if you arent real flexible. One way would be to hike your legs up almost like you are going to do a double armbar and try from there. I have seen some peopel try that werent flexible and maybe oen or two got it but they had to struggle to get it. Here is a better pic of of the gogoplata by Schembri himself.

http://bjj.org/techniques/barra/nino/

It really helps to be flexible to get good at the omo plata but you can pull it off if you are not...hell I almost always get an omo plata in class and I will be 40 in March..I might fuck it and turn it into a sweep but it gets me in side control...it really has turn my guard game around because you have more tools to attack with ...

Anyone know if it's DVD or DVD-R?

They are dvd's

If you have the Stephan Kestings (Grapplearts Instructional) that's all you need. I have both Kestings/Nino and I would definately go with Kestings. He shows alot of excellent setups, counters, sweeps etc. I like Nino's mainle for the escapes/attacks from sidemount.

How many escapes does Nino show from sidemount and for what situations?