Rewatched Carwin/Gonzaga

Carwin was losing every second of that fight until the punch.

1) I would like to know who is lying about their height. Gonzaga is listed at 6'2" and is the same height or taller than Carwin.

2) Carwin got hit many times by Gonzaga, and kept his hands low. He'd better have a good chin.

3) Gonzaga got that takedown pretty easily and landed some good shots. Carwin won't get up that easily once taken down by Lesnar.

4) Nowhere in this fight do I think "holy crap, look how fast this big guy is!" like I do when I watch Lesnar.

Aside from that one punch, I don't see how Carwin beats Lesnar. Yes, I know it only takes one punch.

YMMV (but re-watch the fight)

agreed. He had no answers for Gonzoga until that punch. I can't see why that victory earned him a title shot.

He got rocked pretty hard by those two right hands from Gonzaga.

I hope hes working on his head movement. The guy looks really stiff.

I think Carwin is a big powerful man. Basically a Ron Waterman 2.0

But no matter how much you want to compare his credentials or size to Lesnar, he doesnt have that speed Lesnar has

Even if Carwin beats him now, i think Brock will regain the title eventually and avenge that loss. 270 pound man who is that fast is just unnatural

Awesome. So by your evaluation you seem to believe Carwin is the only person in the Carwin/Lesnar fight.

VERY interesting.

Have to agree with poster, Lesnar should be a heavy favorite. Size, more accomplished wrestler, probably better athlete, better training camp should equel win. With Carwin's power he does have a legit chance though.

Brock's CHIN is the only question mark here....

He got rocked very hard by some weak ass shots from Mir and he may go down hard against a Carwin right hand. Other than that Brock is faster, a better wrestler and a better technical striker of the two.

Haulport - Brock's CHIN is the only question mark here....

If you read the OP's first post, you would know that Carwin is the only person in this fight. Smarten up.

Scott_Ferrozzo_Fan - agreed. He had no answers for Gonzoga until that punch. I can't see why that victory earned him a title shot.
The hype machine got it for him, he is someone the normal American can get behind and can root for, that's all it takes in a weak division to get a title shot.  A little momentum and a little hype. 

I just hope Brock is as dumb as some of the people on this forum. Carwin is an unbelievable wrestler with true 1 punch KO power. There is only one way this fight ends and it's KO by Carwin. 

Carwin's wrestling looked far from unbelievable against Gonzaga (i.e. that guy that Couture ragdolled).

Do people really assume that Carwin isn't training his 'weaknesses' for this fight?!

There is only one way this fight ends and it's KO by Carwin.

Yep.

"2) Carwin got hit many times by Gonzaga, and kept his hands low. He'd better have a good chin." Gonzaga landed a great right, then a HUGE right. Other than that the strikes were about even.

"3) Gonzaga got that takedown pretty easily and landed some good shots. Carwin won't get up that easily once taken down by Lesnar." A ROCKED Carwin with broken nose actually defended the single leg for a while before the inevitable trip...only to completely stifle a WORLD CHAMPION BJJ black belt from his back and then get up easily.

"4) Nowhere in this fight do I think "holy crap, look how fast this big guy is!" like I do when I watch Lesnar." Maybe not, but how can you not be impressed when Carwin showed great BJJ defence controlling Gonzagas hand and hips from his back?

I rewatched it last weekend and I was very impressed with Carwins skills and his ability to overcome a punch that would have KOed most people in the division. Gonzaga landed a perfect right cross directly on his chin.

Its hard to find any advantages that Carwin has in this fight.

I would love to see him derail the Frate but i doubt its going to happen.

Brock must be strong to be able to carry all you fagits around who are hanging from his nuts.

Brock is NOT THAT FAST, and I am curious as to what he has done to to some how show speed. Randy was quicker than he was, and in every other fight he just bullies his opponet to the ground, and it works.

Carwin has a better camp, better coaches, is just as big, and will have a bette strategy coming into the fight. Brock HAS NOT BEEN TESTED. He fought and tapped to Frank Mir, beat Heath Herring who was all but retired, beat Randy who is now at LHW again, and then managed to show he has learned a few things and took Mir down and pounded him out. He will not be able to hold Carwin down, Lesnars chin is SUSPECT and do not think for one minute that Carwin will not test that chin with Wittman and Winklejohn coaching his stand up. Please, stop riding Brocks nuts. He has not done enough in the sport to reach the status you idiots are giving him.

sparkyman -  Carwin was losing every second of that fight until the punch.

1) I would like to know who is lying about their height. Gonzaga is listed at 6'2" and is the same height or taller than Carwin.

2) Carwin got hit many times by Gonzaga, and kept his hands low. He'd better have a good chin.

3) Gonzaga got that takedown pretty easily and landed some good shots. Carwin won't get up that easily once taken down by Lesnar.

4) Nowhere in this fight do I think "holy crap, look how fast this big guy is!" like I do when I watch Lesnar.

Aside from that one punch, I don't see how Carwin beats Lesnar. Yes, I know it only takes one punch.

YMMV (but re-watch the fight)

good analysis...u r correct

jpm995 - Have to agree with poster, Lesnar should be a heavy favorite. Size, more accomplished wrestler, probably better athlete, better training camp should equel win. With Carwin's power he does have a legit chance though.

Well, theyre about the same size, Carwins athletic accomplishments are definatley at comparable , If you think Minn Martial arts is better then Greg Jacksons your out of your fuckin mind...

about the only thing correct in this thread is Lesner was a higher division wrestler and Carwin has a chance at the KO

both of which have nothing to do with that other mis information anyway

I think Brock is going to smash him.

Rewatch Mir/Lesnar 2 again.

Mir landed some strikes on Lesnar, and as soon as he did Brock went for the takedown and was happy to just pound him out from half guard. No way he'll be able to hold Carwin down and pound him from half guard like he did with Mir.

Mir also made some really stupid mistakes in there. He landed a nice elbow on Brock and instead of backing off and working his standup he went for the clinch. Stupid.