Rewatched Ninja v Arona

Arona is good, but some of those wins in Pride have been gifts.

Agreed with whomever mentioned that Arona and Horn is nothing we need to see. Arona won the first two and I don't think the Pride rules would make any difference at all.

Arona is an enigma to me. He's aggressive and engaging, but one the fight enters the grappling phase he's very passive. He occasionally goes for subs, but they're half hearted attempts. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Ken Shamrock once he was in the UFC.
Arona's takedowns and control are second only to the "elite" wrestlers in the biz...sans maybe someone like Quinton or Tito.

In terms of a title shot - I don't like Arona, but the guy only has one loss, and it was a VERY close fight with Fedor. Yes, I think Metzger beat him, and I think Hendo should've but his own aggressiveness cost him. At the same time, he keeps winning and has beaten some really good opponents in the process.

Arona lost, the decision was crap. Ninja was much more active, and Arona got a yellow card as I recall (I haven't watched it in a while?) The only decision I was happy that Arona won was over "Decision" Dan Henderson, purely because Henderson deserved to lose one at least once.

GO TIME, you are an idiot.

HB, watch it again, Arona sits back with like 2 seconds left. Secondly it was an achilles hold, I don't think I've ever seen anybody tap from that. If it had been a heel hook maybe but with 2 seconds he could not have finished before the end of the round.

I am a huge Ninja fan, he is my favorite fighter. I remember thinking that he lost that fight. I'm gonna go rewatch it, which is gonna hurt because I hate to see Ninja lose.

So....

Going off the decision in that fight, how do you feel the Minotauro v Rodriguez fight was scored? :)

We need more draws/ties in this sport.

GO TIME, would you care to bet about my tape being posted?

I think the only one that was a gift was the metzger one. All three fights were pretty even but Arona was in mount for 4 minutes in the last round against hendo how can anyone say Hendo won that fight? As for the Ninja fight. Arona was dictating the pace. Ninja was to aggressive and Arona made him pay for it, I thought the submission wasnt that close btw.

"I hate Arona's style so much because any time he fights and I'm watching it with someone who hasn't seen MMA before, I spend the next 2 hours explaining the ground game to them and how they aren't homosexuals just laying on eachother"

I can feel that pain... I love my grappling, but Arona reminds everytime why the common fight fan can see it as boring and more importantly INEFFECTUAL.