Rewatched The Matrix trilogy. It holds up.

Decided to sit down and rewatch all the matrix movies during quarantine. It’s probably been a decade since I’ve seen them and I think i only watched them all once. Maybe twice for the first one. 
Honestly they still hold up really well. I know the second and third took some flack but I enjoyed all of them. 
Anyone going back to older movies these days?

1 is awesome. 2 and 3 are forgettable. Actually the 20 minute dance sequence is the only thing I remember.

1 Like

camicom -

1 is awesome. 2 and 3 are forgettable. Actually the 20 minute dance sequence is the only thing I remember.

This.

2 and 3 are useless. 

1 Like

2 and 3 are horrible. 

They spent way too much time out of the Matrix and more of it spent in the boring underground world.

They introduced new characters who never really matter. Merovignian or whatever the fuck his name was.. the Albino Twins were dope though.

I also lost sense of what the fuck they were even talking about by the 3rd

4 Likes

I haven't seen 2 and 3, I've watched 1 twice in the last 6 months. Those films are high-level psychic programming, teasing what these big tech companies ultimately want to do. Those goofy directors know it too, satanists. 

I remember the cool ghost twins in 2nd and the chase scene. Other than that 2 and 3 sucked in my opinion. Love the first one. Feels super 90s haha

MarcusAurelioFan -

2 and 3 are horrible. 

They spent way too much time out of the Matrix and more of it spent in the boring underground world.

They introduced new characters who never really matter. Merovignian or whatever the fuck his name was.. the Albino Twins were dope though.

I also lost sense of what the fuck they were even talking about by the 3rd

God i fucking hate you, but this is accurate.

Still though, i fucking hate you. 

2 Likes

the highway chase scene in 2 was pretty awesome I think. Been a long time since I’ve seen it. 

3 got lost in its own world of bullshit. So stupid. 

1 does hold up, outside of Neo handing over a floppy disk to that one guy. Lol

Matrix is one of my favorite universes. I enjoy all three movies, though I understand why people dislike 2 & 3. The freeway scene from 2 is worth the price of admission, IMO.

The first movie had an outsanding soundtrack.

Kinda nuts that BOTH Wachowskis are now chicks.

I'm interested AF to see what they're doing with Matrix 4, and how Trinity is brought back. Are they still set to release that and John Wick 4 on the same weekend, or did covid fuck that up?

As an aside, I would never ask for anything in the world of geekdom ever again if they do end up giving us a crossover or showing that John Wick IS indeed Neo.

Also - has anyone ever watched the Animatrix shorts? As much as I like the Matrix, I don't think I ever have.

IIRC, the kid that greets everyone after they rerturn to Zion in the beginning of the second movie is someone Neo frees in one of the Animatrix cartoons. I could be wrong, though.

I never even saw the last two. I remember tho hearing that JADA PINKETT SMITH was going to be in the second one, and thought "hahaha."

Matrix 2 was so bad I didn’t even bother watching 3. 

2 and 3 could be edited into one good sequel, the first film is flat out great.

1 by far the best and easily holds up.

2 had some cool stuff, still worth a watch.

3 suffered the usual sequelitus of just throwing more and more special effects sequences at the screen, and repeating previous ideas (e.g. fight between Neo and Mr. Smith just more Mr Smiths). It just becomes tedious.

2 and 3 sucked ass. First movie should be seen as a stand alone story now IMO. 

1 Like

Any predictions for where the story goes in the fourth movie next year?

Wiggy -

Also - has anyone ever watched the Animatrix shorts? As much as I like the Matrix, I don't think I ever have.

IIRC, the kid that greets everyone after they rerturn to Zion in the beginning of the second movie is someone Neo frees in one of the Animatrix cartoons. I could be wrong, though.

I watched them when they were released ... they’re weird little vignettes. One or two were really good. They take place in the same universe but I don’t recall them being tied to the movies at all, but that was 15-20 years ago I guess. Lol

You people are delusional or something. What three movies are we talking about? I can only assume you’re talking about the original documentary, which was great, and then the two shit movies based on the documentary.

2 and 3 dont exist to me

Fight scene with all the agents in 2 was amazing. I recently rewatched all as well. 3 I only saw once in the theatre. With 3 even with the rewatch it's pretty forgettable.