Reyes could give a $%!@ about the asterix

Jon Jones, arguably the greatest fighter in UFC history, has never been beaten for his belt, although he has beaten himself silly. In 2015 he was stripped of the belt after he was arrested on felony hit-and-run charges for hitting a pregnant woman, breaking her arm, and running away on foot. In 2016 he was stripped over an anti-doping violation. In 2017 he was stripped over another anti-doping violation. Earlier this year, the worst year in memory, Jones officially stripped himself of the title, in order to make a run at the heavyweight title.

The result of the tumult is that for some fans, there was an asterix by Daniel Cormier's light heavyweight title reign. And for some there may be an asterix next to the winner of Saturday night's UFC 253 Dominick Reyes vs. Jan Blachowicz co-main title fight.

At the UFC 253 media day, Reyes said the doubts didn't matter.

“To be completely honest I could give a s*** less what anybody says about my belt,” said Reyes “I’ll have a gold belt and I’ll have the money to match. So F out of here with that. … It’s another opportunity to get my belt. I’m here to claim what’s mine.”

“I feel like I can make a stoppage for sure. But at the end of the day, all that matters to me is to get my hand raised. We’ll see. Sometimes you give a guy everything you’ve got and you can’t finish him. The goal of every fight is to finish the fight, sometimes you can’t finish them.”

“He’s claiming his only attribute is power. We’re in the light heavyweight division, bro. I don’t know if you know this, but we all have power. It’s really just a matter of crossing my Ts and dotting my I’s. Staying sharp and I’ll be fine.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX9Eew9Ezgo

h/t  Mike Bohn and John Morgan for MMAjunkie

Couldn’t give a shit...

5 Likes
Dead President - 

Couldn’t give a shit...

Exactly.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

Lol @ asterix 

It’s asterisk. I think Asterix was a Viking cartoon character from the funny papers.

3 Likes

Is LHW instantly shit once Jan knocks out Reyes? 

asterixs seem to bug him

![](upload://7C1JNOSvw7enyCP5VX33vrLzIrW.jpeg)

Not very nice to not give a shit about jan

Asterisk

kleene star, IMCSO.

Malvert the Janitor -

No one ever answered my question...

Malvert the Janitor -
Malvert the Janitor -

No one ever answered my question...

Yep

Asterix isn’t a word Kirik