Rhadi competes 2morrow in Athens..

Rhadi will start his Olympic judo competition tomorrow. I'm not sure how he'll do since I don't know anything on his opponents or who is favored. I'll assume its someone from Japan. Anyone got any info on his division?

Rhadi has a first round buy. then he faces Syria. after that Brazil, then Korea. this would put him in medal contention to face Gill or Inoue, both warriors.

(I think this is correct, not 100% sure)

ttt

Here's an excellent breakdown of the guys in his division.

http://www.ijf.org/news/qNewsView.php?MenuCode=NewsNew&Idx=495

Based on that read I'm gonna have to go with Kosei Inoue (Japan) to win gold.

There are not enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe this remarkable athlete. Kosei Inoue is a treble world champion and reigning Olympic champion, having never been beaten at the highest level of competition. He is also won Open weight category at the 2002 Asian Games and is widely regarded as the best in the business, perhaps the best ever. Inoue blazed his way into the international consciousness with a stunning victory in the 1999 World Championships in Birmingham – his first global championship. Straight away it was evident he is a special talent and the under 100kg category has since become something of a procession. Spectators come to watch Inoue win, not to see whether he will win. They come to see him win in style, they come to watch him score miraculous ippons with his faultless technique. Of course, top level judo is not that easy but Inoue is so good he makes it look so. However, he has been beaten, most recently by Keiji Suzuki in the All-Japan open weight championship and twice previously he lost to Hungary’s Antal Kovacs. He is not impregnable but when he steps onto the mat in the big tournaments, he seems to be. Many fighters have tried and most have failed to stop his stunning uchi-mata, harai-goshi, ouchi-gari or seoi-nage attacks. Some even fall to the same technique each time, like Nicolas Gill who has not found a way to stop the uchi-mata, for Ghislain Lemaire who usually goes over with harai-goshi. Inoue is still young enough to win this Olympics and the next and possibly win a record number of global titles. He has four, just one less than the great Yasuhiro Yamashita and two behind David Douillet of France. But both of those won doubles at single events because they were heavyweights and fought in the Open as well. The Japanese press have been clamouring for Inoue to step up to heavyweight for the last three years as they want their greatest fighter to win the top weight so they can be sure he is the best. Whether or not he ever does remains to be seen. T the moment, though, he is about as close to a sure bet for victory as you can get. But in a year when Greece won the European Football Championships and Maria Sharapova beat Serena Williams in the Wimbledon final, nothing is for sure.

Great article. Best of luck to Rhadi. My brother has been emailing back and forth with him for some time now. We are hopefully going to bring him out to our school some time in the future. I just hope the gold medal doesn't hike up his rates LOL.

We are pulling for Rhadi. Best of luck to him.

Even if he doesn't win shit, he's still accomplished more than just about everyone in the world.

Go Rhadi! If he gets to Inoue, I hope he takes it to the ground and submits him.