Ricco Rodriguez vs. Antonio Silva!

"At a time, Rodriguez was considered among the world's top heavyweights, demonstrating above average agility and athleticism for his weight division in performances against Andrei Arlovski, Paul Buentello, Jeff Monson, and Couture. In 2003, Rodriguez lost a highly contested unanimous decision over former PRIDE Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Japan after challenging the jiu-jitsu legend all three rounds.

Rodriguez (25-6) lost the UFC title to a hungry Tim Sylvia at 2003's UFC 41, and has since wrestled with a host of demons, including obesity, heavy partying, and drug use.

Topping out at 350 pounds when he dropped a decision to an unknown Robert Beraun in Arizona, Rodriguez earned four back-to-back victories in 2006, including a vindication rematch to Ron Waterman at July's WFA 4 "King of the Streets." Rodriguez was dealt a setback in November, when a California State Athletic Commission-administered drug test revealed the presense of cocaine. Rodriguez has since served a six-month suspension that completed in mid-May.

Rodriguez's weight has gradually melted down to 265-270 pounds, where he's hovering for a super heavyweight bout in November with American Top Team up-and-comer Antonio Silva, who underwent tumor removal surgery in June, at Pro Elite's "EliteXC" promotion. Rodriguez aims to drop as far as his body will allow, possibly even to the svelte 235-pound frame he carried during the five-fight win streak he enjoyed in the Octagon leading up to taking the crown."

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=4215

ttt for the return of one of my favorite fighters!

good match

A test for Silva if Ricco shows up in decent shape, and is willing to fight.

Rodriguez aims to drop as far as his body will allow, possibly even to the svelte 235-pound frame he carried during the five-fight win streak he enjoyed in the Octagon leading up to taking the crown."

lol Not with todays drug testing he wont.

lol If Ricco fights the way he did against Waterman last year Silva is going to get SMASHED. Ricco is one of the most exciting talented heavyweights. I can't wait to see this match. And God help Silva if Ricco trims down to 235 lbs. lol It'll be like watching Fedor fight Zulu or Goodridge. I guarantee it! :)

keyword... "was"

ttt nice

Elite needs to get Barnett also

ttt - kool, wish him luck.

WTF @ "Antonio Silva, who underwent tumor removal surgery in June, at Pro Elite's "EliteXC" promotion."

Fights and operations, get your peanuts!

" demonstrating above average agility and athleticism for his weight
division "

I thought he demonstrated phenomenal agility for the division (flying
knees, cartwheel guard passes etc.)

Holy crap, that's a tough comeback fight for Ricco.

lol @ that excerpt, guys! I didn't even notice that! haha