Rich Franklin Return?

Ugh! Ya, I didn’t realize he was 47… I was thinking maybe 42. Too old Rich.

4 Likes

Bunch of points:

• that thread title is misleading… people are obviously going to read it as “Rich is thinking about coming back”… if you watch the video, that’s obviously not the case… but he didn’t rule it out, obviously if someone threw a million bucks at him…

• he looks like he’s in GREAT shape

• I’d love to see him fight Chael, great match up and I can’t believe the two never crossed paths

• as another poster mentioned, he divorced that chick years ago (wiki says 2011)

5 Likes

Time flies…

1 Like

Cmon , I dont click bail Jgives

Truth! I just realized is was already 14 years ago that I saw him fight Travis Lutter in Montreal… and 12 years since I saw him end Chuck’s UFC career in Vancouver. Ya man, time definitely flies.

BKFC

To be fair, after I woke up this morning and re-read my own post/list, I realized that what I wrote was no less ambiguous than the thread title. So I chalk it up to being one of those weird things that are difficult to word correctly.

Here’s my best shot at summarizing what Rich says in the video:

There’s a group of guys that say “leave me alone, I’m retired” and they mean it (e.g., Khabib, GSP). Rich definitely IS NOT that group. There’s another group of guys who are aging out, they don’t really take fights any more, they’ve moved on with life, but none of them would say no to a pay day or an especially interesting fight. Rich is THAT group.

1 Like

I think thats a credit to Rich. He looks much younger than he is

LOL!!! You’re trying to get the man killed.

Oneder why he didnt fight in ONE ? He ran the place

I’ve been saying for years there should be a masters division. Over 40 and under 50. I really enjoyed seeing Royce finishing business with Ken. I would love to see Franklin fight again.

1 Like

Ace is one the best from UFCs golden era.

5 Likes

@Blaf

This was right before he fought Wand

Tito fight would be perfect. I have rich by liver kick

1 Like

I think Franklin vs Chael would be a good HOF induction fight. Both guys are top 2%ers

2 Likes

Thanx For Reading Mega

1 Like

Him and Chuck were the first mainstream ufc superstars

1 Like

5 Likes

Yes please!!!