Rich Franklin Vs. Jason Mcdonald..

UFC 68

MMAWeekly Rumors section

just when I thought this guy is gonna do good, he gets thrown to the wolves immediately following his ownage of the TUF chumps

I'm guessing TKO for Franklin, but I hope Mcdonald taps him out

I think Jason McDonald wants to fight Kendall Grove next.

I would like to see him again Grove rather then him against Franklin, on paper it would be a better fight....but then again, its just on paper

I respectfully diagree. I think it's NOT a good idea. It's a short-sighted short-circuit of a very promising fighter's path to bettering himself/developing himself.

Feeding him to Franklin to warm Franklin up for a shot at taking the title back is a very bad move, IMHO. What are Evan Tanner or Nate Quarry up to these days?

Yeah makes much more sense to have Swick battle Franklin and MacDonald face Okami or something. Groves is on the TUF premier UFN so he's out of the picture. Problem is that right now there's really only two elite middleweights around: Silva and Franklin. Everyone else is below them and will be a massacre, so what can you do? Someone's gonna have to fight Franklin, so might as well offer it to MacDonald for a very good price and maybe a contract extension. If MacDonald even manages to hang with Franklin it'll raise his stock through the roof the same way GSP's did after his 1st outing against Hughes.

Looking at MacDonald's record, it appears that most of the time he's stepped up, he's lost, except for wins over good/capable fighters like Doerkson and... ehhhh, okay Leben (shrugs). Despite his age, win streak, and experience, seems like a rush to pit MacDonald against Franklin right now.

I'd like to see Rich fight Yushin Okami

I really was just waiting for the KO punch in that fight with Leben. I like Jason on the ground a lot but he is just asking to get drilled on his feet. Hangs his head out all over the place. Tough fight for both of them, but gotta go with Rich.

"Looking at MacDonald's record, it appears that most of the time he's stepped up, he's lost, except for wins over good/capable fighters like Doerkson and... ehhhh, okay Leben (shrugs). Despite his age, win streak, and experience, seems like a rush to pit MacDonald against Franklin right now."

I think he is one of those fighters that more or less went from good to great overnight, almost like Swick did. I don't know that he is ready for Franklin but he seems very comfortable in the Octagon and I like the guy.

His hands and takedowns aren't good enough to hang with Frankin... not even close.

Dude needs more work before that fight...why put him in there just to take a beating?

"Looking at MacDonald's record, it appears that most of the time he's stepped up, he's lost, except for wins over good/capable fighters like Doerkson and... ehhhh, okay Leben (shrugs)."

Shouldn't have any doubt in saying Leben...Hell Leben is a good gatekeeper for the division...heavy-handed brawler with fairly solid wrestling, pretty good sub defence and a solid chin.

He's not anywhere close to champ but I don't see how a few losses to good guys makes him an easy fight.

UFC shows no love of Jason, Ed Herman/Leban/Rich Franklin, that's a mega combo for any upcoming fighter you can name of, and most likely Franklin would be too much for Jason...

Seems to me that UFC doesn't want to give him a push at all, or test his true potential whatever you say, if Jason put on a fight with Franklin or even wins, good for him. Otherwise he'll be back to the undercard fights and holpfully would be gone after few shows.

Sucks for him, if he was a TUFer he probably would be marketed like Mike Swick right now.

Terrible waste of Macdonald IMO.

It should be Swick and Franklin for the #1 contender spot and a shot at Silva, both guys should have to fight and not be handed a title shot.

MacDonald is a guy that could be a force in the division, but does need to work a couple of things before he is going to beat a guy like Franklin. He could win the fight if it goes to the ground, but how is it going to get there? From what I saw against Leben I don't know if his takedown skills are going to be enough to get him down.

I am not bashing MacDonald at all, I want this guy to go far in the UFC.