Richest athlete in sports history

Is mayweather going to overtake tiger woods or has he already?
Is there someone else who could hold that title in the foreseeable future? Phone Post 3.0

mayweather makes a lot of money per fight but he has no where near tiger's endorsement dollars. And in truth mayweather is not even in the top ten overall.

http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/

Will a mma fighter make it in the top 50 list eventually? Phone Post 3.0

BigWilliam - mayweather makes a lot of money per fight but he has no where near tiger's endorsement dollars. And in truth mayweather is not even in the top ten overall.

Jesus christ, i honestly thought tiger and mayweather were the top two by guessing Phone Post 3.0

I would of thought mayweather would have climbed that list after that last fight, maybe it needs updating Phone Post 3.0

Unlikely. Athletes need endorsement deals and their own lines of products to catch up to jordan and woods. The public will not stomach combat athletes to that degree.

That list does not include Michael jordan who makes more with his clothing shoes products in addition to his endorsement deals.

Phil mickleson number 7?? Wtf Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here -
Nick Diaz Fan - Will a mma fighter make it in the top 50 list eventually? Phone Post 3.0
I think one day they could. I'm talking 30 years into the future. If there's a charismatic, exciting, heavyweight GOAT, I think he could scrape into the top 10.

I want to believe Phone Post 3.0
Yea like a mike tyson style fighter just buzz sawing through the division with vicious 1st round knockouts Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here - 
BigWilliam - mayweather makes a lot of money per fight but he has no where near tiger's endorsement dollars. And in truth mayweather is not even in the top ten overall.

Who the fucuck are Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers and why are they paid so much? Phone Post 3.0

Is this a serious question? Do you also need someone to explain who Peyton Manning & Tom Brady are?

Top F1 driver's are among the biggest earners in any sport. 

Hamilton and Alonzo are paid $25 million this season.

Alonso made $38 million last year. 

And that is without outside pay or endorsements.

And soccer.  Renaldo just signed for $40 million a year I think.

e. kaye -

Top F1 driver's are among the biggest earners in any sport. 

Hamilton and Alonzo are paid $25 million this season.

Alonso made $38 million last year. 

And that is without outside pay or endorsements.

And soccer.  Renaldo just signed for $40 million a year I think.

I know gareth bale cost madrid 100 million i wonder what his salary is Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here - 
tdunning -
MMA Lives Here - 

Who the fucuck are Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers and why are they paid so much? Phone Post 3.0

Is this a serious question? Do you also need someone to explain who Peyton Manning & Tom Brady are?
I've heard of Brady, but I'm not from North America therefore I give zero facks about a sport which is one big, steaming pile of stops and starts Phone Post 3.0

You're missing out man. Football is one of the most exciting sports to watch imo, besides mma and hockey.

kyle223 -
MMA Lives Here - 
tdunning -
MMA Lives Here - 

I've heard of Brady, but I'm not from North America therefore I give zero facks about a sport which is one big, steaming pile of stops and starts Phone Post 3.0

You're missing out man. Football is one of the most exciting sports to watch imo, besides mma and hockey.
I'm sure he'd rather watch a high scoring soccer match of 1-2....

That said, I still like the occasional European football game, but how it can compare to real football is crazy... Phone Post 3.0

I believe Mayweather is the highest paid athlete "per-performance." Most guys on that list are being paid Xmillions for a season. Mayweather just made 41.5 for one night! Also, it doesn't look like that's been counted yet(on this list). Phone Post 3.0

Nick Diaz Fan - Will a mma fighter make it in the top 50 list eventually? Phone Post 3.0

no.  In my opinion the most an mma fighter will ever make is 20m (in todays dollars) - and Im being generous.

Zuffa doesnt pay a fighter what he's worth in the UFC... Zuffa pays the top fighters what they'd be worth in the open without the UFC name, distribution, marketing, roster, etc... plus a little bit more to make it a no brainer to stay in the UFC.

GSP gets 4m a fight because that's a little more than what he'd make on his own... without the UFC name, distribution, roster, marketing, etc...

and when you look at it from that perspective you realize a fighter's value will likely never be more than 20m outside Zuffa, no matter how big the UFC gets.

Who's getting mexico, brazil, china, india TV deals? who else is getting fox level money? 

Nobody has yet to even crack ppv in the mma space other than zuffa.   

it may not even get as high as 20m (in todays dollars)... maybe 10m to 15m.  UNless someone else can figure out how to monetize mma talent even remotely close to Zuffa there will be very little upward pressure on UFC pay.

Right now zuffa is creating the pressure on it's own pay... the better it promotes fighters the more their value increases in the open market.  Wanna know why the brand is first and fighter second?  that's one of the reasons.

You have to properly manage a fighters value in the open market until you reach a certain point where you've virtually  monopolized the talent pool (so they cant get opponents in the open market), monopolized the distribution (so they cant get the word out).  monopolized the revenue streams (lock down the venues that produce the big money gates, lock down and saturate the ppv, etc...) 

Zuffa has pretty much reached that point and that's why you are now seeing more fighter focused promotion.

Also..."Richest" and "Highest Paid" are two different things IMO. Phone Post 3.0

SupaKnova - Also..."Richest" and "Highest Paid" are two different things IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Good point, so mayweather is highest paid per appearance in sports? Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here -
MMALOGIC -
Nick Diaz Fan - Will a mma fighter make it in the top 50 list eventually? Phone Post 3.0

no.  In my opinion the most an mma fighter will ever make is 20m (in todays dollars) - and Im being generous.

Zuffa doesnt pay a fighter what he's worth in the UFC... Zuffa pays the top fighters what they'd be worth in the open without the UFC name, distribution, marketing, roster, etc... plus a little bit more to make it a no brainer to stay in the UFC.

GSP gets 4m a fight because that's a little more than what he'd make on his own... without the UFC name, distribution, roster, marketing, etc...

and when you look at it from that perspective you realize a fighter's value will likely never be more than 20m outside Zuffa, no matter how big the UFC gets.

Who's getting mexico, brazil, china, india TV deals? who else is getting fox level money? 

Nobody has yet to even crack ppv in the mma space other than zuffa.   

it may not even get as high as 20m (in todays dollars)... maybe 10m to 15m.  UNless someone else can figure out how to monetize mma talent even remotely close to Zuffa there will be very little upward pressure on UFC pay.

Right now zuffa is creating the pressure on it's own pay... the better it promotes fighters the more their value increases in the open market.  Wanna know why the brand is first and fighter second?  that's one of the reasons.

You have to properly manage a fighters value in the open market until you reach a certain point where you've virtually  monopolized the talent pool (so they cant get opponents in the open market), monopolized the distribution (so they cant get the word out).  monopolized the revenue streams (lock down the venues that produce the big money gates, lock down and saturate the ppv, etc...) 

Zuffa has pretty much reached that point and that's why you are now seeing more fighter focused promotion.

Your best post in months. Phone Post 3.0
True but if big competition comes along and offers more to the mma fighter thats going to be the likeliest way, say like a rich arab family gets involved but i dont see it happening Phone Post 3.0

Schumacher must be worth a ton by this time in his career.

FYI:  http://www.celebritynetworth.com/list/top-50-richest-athletes/

Arnold Palmer