Rick Rufus vs. Jeremy Williams May 8th

Can you say fireworks?  This fight is sick.

Full story here:  Rick Rufus vs. Jeremy Williams

This fight could be half man, half amazing.

I didnt think williams could get sanctioned or has trouble gettting sanctioned before?

ttt

Battle of styles, Full Contact Karate vs Boxing. This should be good.

Will this be a contest to see who has the uglier ring attire?

stevekt - Will this be a contest to see who has the uglier ring attire?

Roufus will win then. He's probably sitting on a stack of old kickboxing shorts from the early 90s.

Williams will take this easily

Seriously? I would rather see Sylvia and Mercer... lol. Dont hype this crap up...

ttt

ttt

Roufus is in his 70's.

Magic8 -  Where the hell has Williams been?

Last time I saw him in the ring....Samuel Peter nearly decapitated him. But I pick Jeremy over Rick in this one for sure.

I wouldn't want a roundhouse to the head in those bad boys from Mr. Roufus

Jeremy by ground game.

I saw the Rick Rufus v. Maurice Smith fight live and it was a bit of a bore. I hope Rick has learned some ground game in the past year. Otherwise, this could be a terrible beatdown because Jeremy Williams will take him down and control him.

Kalle Mero - Williams should take this easily, apart from being a world class boxer he's also a state high school champion in wrestling.

Source?

Also, Williams will take this one IMO. He looked like he had translated decently enough into MMA in any of his fights I've seen.

I'm thinking they'll want to stand and trade until somebody is out.

Rick Roufus is nowhere near the same fighter that he was in that photo.  Much respect to the guy, but he is an old man who is brand new to the MMA world.  As a result, success --- > MINIMAL.

As for this fight in particular, Jeremy Williams is going to destroy him. 

Williams is undefeated in MMA and has looked pretty decent in the fights that I've seen him in.  Obviously, he's well known as a boxer.  He did get KO'd by the massive Sam Peter, but who wouldn't have been getting caught with a shot like that.  He hasn't fought in a year since racking up 5 straight wins in MMA (3 KO's and 2 Submissions), and I  have no idea why, but I'm taking him by a landslide in this fight.

Crazy Zimmerman -  I'm thinking they'll want to stand and trade until somebody is out.

Oh, they're getting a "bonus" to stand and trade?