Rickson awes Paulo Filho!!!

Your students and fans saying how great you are is not proof of your greatness. Even if your fans and students are themselves great.

I can see why Rickson's devoted fans and students would want to keep his legend alive for as long as possible. But the facts are, he has had ample time and opportunity to prove his greatness in either mma or just grappling. He chose not to.

Rickson lost his aura for me when he ducked Sak. Apparently if someone talks bad about his family on the street he has to go find them on a beach and fight them. But when Sak tools his family on TV... well, apparently that Gracie pride is selective for Rickson.

Great news!

ttt for Rickson!

now put it in your mouth.

you have a mouth so you can say whatever you want... but that doesn't
change the fact that the ones that really know this shit and actually rolled
with the guy come back saying he's one of the greatest.
I'm a student of one of Carlson's first BB, and Rickson's abilities (politics a
part) are no secret.

BTT guys trainning with Rickson......

I always thought that if all BJJ fighters unite in one single team it would
bring hell to all other teams.

I can't believe that some of you think Rickson has never competed because he was done with tournies before the mundials or pan ams where invented. Or think that he has what, never fought..??,because you were what still wippin your snotty nose on your shirt sleeve and only two or three people in north America new what GJJ was back then..

rickson is still the man and will always be a legend, nothing you trolls say will ever change that!

Now I don't want to get into a who's jj is better Carlson's or Rickson's because they are both genius in their own right, but what separated Carlson is that he shared all his knowledge openly and without reservation. I haven't trained with Rickson or any of his students so I can't pass judgment on his generosity to share his art, but it does seem like he holds it more closely than Carlson ever did. Any thoughts?

Rickson was the best at BJJ.

That don't mean he can win an MMA fight against the best MMAers.

When Rickson was in his youth/prime- he competed all the time in BJJ, and beat everyone. Why should he compete now?

Its like saying, if Joe Montana is the best ever, why doesnt he play in the NFL now?

Having said that, I do agree that Rickson hasnt seemed to produce a large number of American Black Belts, even though he has been teaching in the USA for many years.

Whereas, other Black Belts have produced very good American BBs.

wow...yeah, you're right so I guess Rickson really must suck .

I think its all really simple:

Rickson is, bar-none, the greatest bjj guy eva.

All of the guys who say Rickson is on another level are legendary or world champs themselves. And I think the Filho thing is significant because its one thing to have your cousin say your the bomb but if someone from a traditionally rival camp says it too, I'd say its more than true.

Rickson as an MMAer is a different story though.

But at the same time, he was already quite old when MMA took off in 93. Not saying he couldnt have fought better guys or whatever but imo i just consider Rickson an early MMA legend but one that never really tested the waters of the modern era.

As far as him fighting now or entering ADCC, i really wouldnt cross your fingers, yall.

Dogmeat1,

isn't just Paulo who's saying Rickson's great, many said the same before
him.

Is true that Paulo has a head of his own, but I can garantee you he's not
trying to piss anyone @ BTT.

"Its like saying, if Joe Montana is the best ever, why doesnt he play in the NFL now?"

It is more like trying to say some guy who played in the NBA before blacks were allowed in was the best ever even though he could have competed as soon as they came in but chose not too.

Rickson is the best at BJJ.

Early MMA Rickson would have won them all, doing better than Royce.

But if Rickson came in his prime and fought in Pride for instance, taking on everybody, he'd be probably 10-5 or at the very best 20-5. He would not go undefeated.

ttt for the Master.

3T for the man.

I am no great anything. As a purple I heard all the bullshit about Rickson and I thought as many on my Team ( What the F$%* ). How good can a guy really be. Coming from the Carlson Gracie Team I had wrestled with the best and I knew what the damn deal was. I was smoking everyone in tournaments as a purple back then and I figuered of course I would get worked but I was pretty legit and it could not have been that bad if I rolled with Rickson. I mean what could he possibly do that I had not seen. I got a private, I waited about 2 months for it.

I got so fucked up when we finally rolled I questioned everything and I mean everything that I had ever learned or thought about Jiu-Jitsu.

I am a Black Belt today under World Champion Rodrigo Medeiros ( Carlson Gracie / BJJ Revolution Team )
I fight regularly in MMA and I have trained with any and everyone you could imagine.

Rickson is FUCKING FOR REAL.

THERE IS NO MYSTIC, LEGEND OR MYSTERY. HE IS JUST A FUCKING REAL LIVE JIU-JITSU WAR MACHINE MONSTER THAT BRINGS GAME YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND. UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED IT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW AND MANY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO KNOW HOW BAD HE IS WHEN THE SESSION IS GOING DOWN BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO RECOGNIZE THE DOMINANCE THAT IS TAKING PLACE.

Check me out on OTM or Sherdog. I am legit and this motherfucker is off the fucking charts. What Paulo said doesn't surprise me in the least.

I don't mean to rant and I jock ride no man ever. I rarely ever post on this website or any other. I am just dropping a peice of knowledge that I possess so the masses know that my experience was felt and my life was changed by a guy that felt inhuman to roll with.

Tim Credeur

Jeeeeesus! How come every person who goes and rolls with Rickson say's the same thing?? How many times do we have to go over this? You think Paulo Filho doesn't know what good BJJ is? I mean the guy is a BJJ champ and trained with all the "old school" Carlson guys including Laborio, Zen Mario, Busta, ect, ect, ect,!!!
I know and have trained ALOT of top black belts and they all say the same thing, but for some reason people on this forum question him??