Rickson Footage

There's a lot of Rickson footage out there, the footage on OntheMat (and on sale on the RingWorm) videotape) shows Rickson at his last two gi competition in 84 or 86 (I forgot).In sport jiu-jitsu Rickson was undefeatable not only in his weight class, but in the absolute weight class as well and even more remarkably he won all of his matches my submission. I've seen entire tournaments (including the above mentioned two matches) where his opponents look awesome against other opponents, then look like white belts compared to Rickson. As a matter of fact, when Rickson hit the ground the crowd would begin counting backwards from 10, by the time the crowd hit 1 Rickson would have submitted his opponent. Most telling about Rickson's abilities is the awe in which many high level grapplers hold him in. Nevermind internet and journalist comments, Rickson's highest praise comes from his peers. In BJJ and submission grappling circles he has no equal, although I have never heard any of these people make the claim he was undefeatable in MMA.What makes Rickson so good? From information I have garnered, several things do make Rickson stand out. 1) He has mastered the basics of grappling. Easier said than understood, but Rickson's reasoning of the movements and mechanics of all his moves is years ahead of anyone else. In BJJ circles he is the last word on technique. 2) His mastery of jiu-jitsu is such that he completely shuts his opponents down. That Rickson attacks you at such a fundamental level you never even have a chance to get your offense off. Opponents have described it as being very hard to move or even breath against Rickson. 3) He is INCREDIBLY strong for his size and has superior body control. Just check out his breathing exercises in Choke for a demonstration. Vintage Rickson footage and more @ Onthemat.com

There's a nice vignette (jeez that's a gay word) of Rickson's MMA fights on Sherdog. About 2 min long and about 15 megs.

Sergio Penha

The only thing that makes me somewhat believe that Rickson might be able to do good in today's MMA competitions is that many top level fighters have rolled with Rickson and said that they were manhandled on the mat and that they had never grappled anyone that good.

That being said, ttt for Rickson to step up and fucking fight someone.

Hester is correct maybe i'm slow but why all the hating on the Gracies- they brought BJJ to the masses and now some trolls are trying to talk all kinds of crazy shit- just leave Rickson alone- he proved himself and does not need to fight anymore

Sergio Penha

But, Rickson was sick! ;) Apparently, it wasnt the only time they rolled.

I once asked Roy Harris how good Rickson really is and how it feels to roll with him. He grabbed my wrist real hard and squeezed and said it´s like this on your whole body even if you are on top of him.........

I once asked Royler Gracie how good Rickson really is and how it feels to roll with him. He kicked me in the nuts real hard and said "this is how it feels, biatch!".

lol

In Rickson's fight footage, it looked like his opponents had been instructed to cooperate with Rickson. They did not even try to counter or defend against Rickson's initial attack. They showed no sign of aggressiveness at all. All the guys who compete in Judo World Championship or Olympics move far better than Rickson. No wonder he was defeated by Ron Tripp in 51 seconds. Any Olympic level judoka will crush Rickson in 20 seconds.

"Funaki laid down for Rickson, there's not even a question about it. "

LOL

"In Rickson's fight footage, it looked like his opponents had been instructed to cooperate with Rickson"

two trolls trolling in the same thread

ttt for otm footage

pdeking- You must be shooting for the coveted "biggest judo troll ever" title. You must take on MartialArtsFan, KingYoshida, and Circus in a glorified tripping match to determine who is truly the most deluded King Troll!

Rickson is the ultimate fake fighter.

You must take on MartialArtsFan, KingYoshida, and Circus in a glorified tripping match to determine who is truly the most deluded King Troll!

LMAO

If you see any footage of judo in any World Championship or Olympics, you will agree with me. After all, Rickson learned GJJ from the loser master Helio who got submitted 20 times by Kimura. The footage shows that the match took place in a shabby small gym with poor lighting. Look at the size of the audiences. It is pathetically small. It shows that Rickson fought in an ultra minor insignificant event. I have seen thousands of judoka who could move far better than Rickson.

I'm sure you're right. Vanderlei must be must better then Rickson too since he clowned Yoshida on the ground. But, credit, where credit's due, Yoshida did manage to trip Silva. The man can trip. Years of practice.

the art of tripping

I think there was a tape circulating 4 years ago called "Rickson Underground." Just old footage of him at seminars, classes, competitions, etc.

The one that impressed me was a seminar where these wrestler with singlets rolled with him. Well, these dudes where HUGE. They all got tapped.