Rickson promotes J.J Machado to Red/Black Belt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpAfCXc9ciU&feature=player_embedded

And Jean Jacques thank you speech:

The following is an open appreciation letter from Mr. Machado to Rickson: ......

"How does one adequately express their appreciation to someone who has given them the gift of sight? The ability to see and understand things as they never had before.
I am referring to someone in the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu world who is known by a single name ... "Rickson."

"Before Rickson Gracie I studied Jiu Jitsu, after Rickson Gracie I understood Jiu Jitsu."

Without understanding Jiu Jitsu I would not be who I am today, and knowing this overwhelms me with love and admiration for him, for the wonderful gift he has given me.

No matter where or when, Rickson was always there for me. The 5:00 am lessons, the 15 minute instructions in-between his many private classes - a thinker before a fighter, my mentor had gone above and beyond. I can only hope to aspire to half the level of his influence. To ignite the passion within others as he did with me. To make a difference to others as he has for me.

It is my honor and privilege to be able to help preserve the memory and spirit of his teachings, his philosophy and his humor where ever I may go.

Rock'n roll will always have Elvis, basketball will always have Michael Jordan and Jiu Jitsu will always have Rickson Gracie.

Honestly I don't feel I could ever fully explain the deep rooted emotion of appreciation I have for this man, so I'll say it simply.

Thank you, Rickson. Thank you for taking me beyond the technique. Thank you for providing me the guidance. Thank you for your constant unselfish dedication to show me an art that transcended to the practicalities of life itself. Thank you, Rickson. Thank you for giving me that life."

- Jean Jacques Machado

Nice to see respect still has a role in todays Martial arts

Awesome

well deserved, a true master of choke-a dees guys

very very cool. Congrats to Machado

Amazing indeed.

Master Bater - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpAfCXc9ciU&feature=player_embedded

Very cool.

Wow. TTT

Congrats to JJ, I still occasionally take out that ADCC dvd of him winning it all and tapping every opponent. His BJJ no one can defend.

@ 1:48
Is that Danny Inosanto?

Im not sure I get this...aren't the Machados already black belts?

So they are black belts, but this is a black under Rickson?

Congrats and what an awesome video!

jkd_guy - @ 1:48

Is that Danny Inosanto?

Red Belt

Congrats to JJ

Fucking awesome. Well deserved.

Is Rickson a red belt himself?

jkd_guy - @ 1:48

Is that Danny Inosanto?

Doesn't the thread title say 'red/black' ?

red/black is above black Phone Post

Rickson is a Red/Black belt (red and black stripes - not a Red Belt)

and represented the gracie family to award the same belt to Jean Jacques..

I thought Red/Black belt was ONLY for the Gracies? That is truely something!