Rickson promotes J.J Machado to Red/Black Belt

So many Noobs. JJ is a Gracie.

ttt

where did you get that 'official' information ? it doesn't exist, does it :-)

TTT Phone Post

wikipedia is hardly a reliable source. But thanks for the reply.

An icon promoting another icon. Too bad so many in MMA and BJJ don't know how much guys like Rickson and JJ paved the way for all of us. I loved that this cermony had a foundation in both immense respect and appreciation. It show that BJJ is more than just beating someone on the matters. Congrats to Professor Machado.

mrzipplokk - wikipedia is hardly a reliable source. But thanks for the reply.
It is when you take a second to click the references and see where the Wikipedia article sourced its information, something most people overlook.

www.ibjjf.org/graduation.htm
The 10th degree red belt is limited to the pioneers of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Carlos, Oswaldo, George, Gastão and Hélio Gracie, also known as the Gracie Brothers.

lol

Thanks guys. Quite an honor indeed for him and I especially like the video for showing the honor and respect that is carried in martial arts. Although there are ample signs of it most fights, I think it would be better for the sport if this bushido was seen every time. According to the IBJJ link Rickson should be able to apply for his 9th degree 10 years after his 8th. He should be about due isn't he? And what belt does Bravo have?

Second degree black, answered my own question. Should actually follow the links and read I guess...

Who would he 'apply' to ?  hillarious

mrzipplokk -  Who would he 'apply' to ?  hillarious

hr@ibjjf.org

I guess they'll call Helio fr the dead ?  :-)

Ansari - 
mrzipplokk - wikipedia is hardly a reliable source. But thanks for the reply.
It is when you take a second to click the references and see where the Wikipedia article sourced its information, something most people overlook.
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.ibjjf.org/graduation.htm">
www.ibjjf.org/graduation.htm&lt;/a>
The 10th degree red belt is limited to the pioneers of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Carlos, Oswaldo, George, Gastão and Hélio Gracie, also known as the Gracie Brothers.

owned.

Congratulations Phone Post

Im impressed. Phone Post

lol at the turn this thread has taken

I don't post much but congrats to JJ Machado. Both Rickson and Jean Jacques embody what jiu-jitsu should be and look like both on the mat and off the mat.

Yes.

Fact - Rickson promoted JJ. In a wonderful ceremony.

The rest is people with no inside information pretending they know what they're talking about :-)   You know how I know this ? I read on wikipedia and Helio told me.

Seems neat, these guys seem kind of old, were they on the first season of The Ultimate Figher, before it was real MMA ?