Rickson / Royce black belts

Dave Terry in Sacramento, an early American Rickson BB Phone Post 3.0

flo w/ the go like their master!

Fabio Santos, Carlos Valente, and Limao under Rickson

Eric silver from Nashville is a rickson bb so is Kron. Phone Post 3.0

thanks guys...wow, Royce has many...does a similar list exist for Rickson?

TOSH COOK - http://roycegracie.com/rgjj-black-belts/

Is that just a list of Non Brazilian black belts? The list starts in 2004.
A lot of BB's from Texas and other states down south.

"Helio, the first sports hero in Brazilian history, also challenged boxing icons Primo Carnera, Joe Louis and Ezzard Charles. They all declined."

Still has stuff like that on his website, even though it seems a lot of things were made up.

I know people like Greg Thompson & Rob Khan are really good, but in general, do people who get BBs from Royce actual TRAIN very much with him, in the traditional sense...?

Like, do any of these people have 2,000+ hours on the mat with him as would a traditional BB who gets their belt from a teacher they see x amount of times per week?

Or, is it more these people kind of teach themselves a curriculum, see Royce when he's in town (x amount of times a year) and then eventually test for BB?

shen - 

I know people like Greg Thompson & Rob Khan are really good, but in general, do people who get BBs from Royce actual TRAIN very much with him, in the traditional sense...?

Like, do any of these people have 2,000+ hours on the mat with him as would a traditional BB who gets their belt from a teacher they see x amount of times per week?

Or, is it more these people kind of teach themselves a curriculum, see Royce when he's in town (x amount of times a year) and then eventually test for BB?

I think the "teach youself" is the standard model for almost every long distance association in existence.

shen - 

Most of them either trained w him back in Torrance and left w him when he split. Or guys get their black belts from him but they train w his direct guys, but HE is the one that promoted them as maybe they were just a black belt w no degree at the time.

Takamasa Watanabe is a Rickson Gracie black belt, head of the Axis JJ academy in Japan and the president of the JJFJ.

Royce - Jon Burke. John Crouch. Mark Baumeister... Not sure if Pat King is officially under Royce or the Academy. He was at Nonos teaching Royces program for a long time Phone Post 3.0

Caique trained with all the brothers but I believe it was Rickson who promoted him to BB.
Helio repromoted or certified him or whatever when he first came to the U.S. to teach at the Gracie Academy. Phone Post 3.0

Rodrigo Vaghi is a 5th degree under Rickson.

Pretty sure Steve Hall got him BB from Royce.

Windy City - 
Aaron Lapointe - 

Luiz Claudio is one of Rickson's black belts. His flow is amazing. 

I have looked at some of his videos on you tube, the guy moves like a gymnast, that being said I wonder if his game is compatible with a non athletic 50 year old.

He is amazing and a big Yoga guy as well. His moves are very much made more explosive by this.

To compare Royce BB's and Rickson BB's is completely arbitrary. The standards upheld between the two are night and day (sorry Royce... You're still a legend to me).

Similarly, I've been a Relson brown belt for the past 4 years. One stripe down. Train 4-5 times a week. OG standards are OG standards. Plain and simple. Wouldn't have it any other way. Phone Post 3.0

Judge Mental - 
Windy City - 
Aaron Lapointe - 

Luiz Claudio is one of Rickson's black belts. His flow is amazing. 

I have looked at some of his videos on you tube, the guy moves like a gymnast, that being said I wonder if his game is compatible with a non athletic 50 year old.

He is amazing and a big Yoga guy as well. His moves are very much made more explosive by this.

Those were some beast ass transitions. It seems like every Rickson BB just has a really deep understanding of movement.

When you really want to learn something from the guy. Don´t look at his movements (which are awsome) but think about how he is able to move like that. How your body has to be organized to be conected like that?

How he can easily move is hips in that passing while others become rigid and stiff in that position...

That´s the key......

Saul Ribeiro is a Rickson black belt I think. Phone Post 3.0