Rickson/Saku spells Death for GJJ

saku is the man but im rooting for rickson hes the only gracie i like

This is an idiot thread.

BJJ, Judo, Sambo, or what ever you want to call submission grappling will always be a huge part of mixed martial arts. Reguardless of who beats who.

90% of what sakuraba does in his grappling, is the same stuff tought in BJJ, Sambo, Judo ect.

LOL!

Royce was NEVER EVER the gracie to be beaten !!

People praise him because he fought clueless fighters in early MMA, helping to make it popular. Thats a nice reason, but he instantly became overrated as the model of a near perfect fighter, almost a 90's Bruce Lee.

But he was an average BJJ fighter in Brazil, his loss to Wallid Ismail exposed that. Of course he is tough like many many fighters, as it was shown in his over-an-hour fight with sakuraba. But many modern fighter could fight for over an hour too.

Rickson is the model. Of course he is unproven in MMA, but he is the one underrated, specially with no time limits i belive he would be near invencible at his peak. Even today i would give him a 90% chance of win in a no time limit fight against anyone. Put rounds in and we have a 50% chance for rikson against todays top. Nothing bad at almost 50 yo.