Rickson Says it’s ‘Hard for People to Deny’ His 450-0 Record

[quote=“Floppy_Divac, post:45, topic:3731222”]

So after several posts about homosexuals, shorts and pubic hair, you bring up a gay grappling website? And im the one insinuating something? Hmm…:thinking:

Thanks for completely not seeing the setup, jumping in early and stepping all over my punchline. Smh

1 Like

You wat mate?

1 Like

Wrong reply. Carry over frok another thread. My bad.

1 Like

Well that sounds extremely gay.

What thread?

2 Likes

Bunch of sad fkers…

Hickson is the man.

1 Like

He’s half black

I remember an article from a BJJ guy who almost beat Rickson, apparently one of Ricksons guys turned off the lights in the gym to get a break and change the momentum.

5 Likes

Floppy and I have been on mattbattle since before you guys were in diapers.

2 Likes

Back in those days all the Brazilians seemed to be hundreds of fights undefeated! I remember Mario Spery supposedly being 272-0 when he lost to Igor Zinoviev. Same as Conan before he got Knocked out by Marice Smith.

Ive always said Rickson soiled his own legacy when he chose to pick his own opponents in pride rather than actually face any credible opponents! Remember when he announced his net fight was going to be his retirement bout and it was going to be BIG.

4 Likes

The buzz on here and other forums was crazy. Was he going to defend the gracie family honour and take on Sakuraba? Team RAW was a big name with Couture, Henderson Erikson, Frank Shamrock was a think 5 time UFC champion at that point! Tito Ortiz was going through his competition like nothing. What about Marco Ruas? Mark Kerr? Anyone from Team Hammerhouse? Bas Rutten was well respected and had challenged Rickson in his old Pancrase days. He talked of fighting some of Carlson Gracie’s students due to his family feud with Carlson, Carley and other family members, so what about Sperry, Carlos Baretto, Murillo Bustamante?

And who did he finally announce as this BIG opponent? Nobuhiko Takada! A Tomato Can that hed already beaten once!

11 Likes

It’s actually kind of a trip how a guy can be known as one of the best BJJ players of all time, the best of the family that basically brought NHB to the masses…and still a high level bullshido artist.

4 Likes

His only accolade to being the best BJJ’er (other than bullshido tales) is a back and forth match with Rigan Machado. As far as I can tell that’s the whole evidence we have.

4 Likes

People say he never challenged himself and competed against the best in MMA, but act like he did in BJJ. How’d he do at the Mundials or ADCC? Oh, he never competed. What big names did he beat in verified competitive sport BJJ matches? Hes as much a fraud in grappling as he is in MMA.

8 Likes

Ive read somewhere that he fought Joe Moreira to a draw years ago and for some reason there was a 30 minute time limit so that one will no doubt be denied.

He may deny it but grappling Joe Moreira to a draw would be one of the largest accomplishments of his entire career.

4 Likes

[quote=“Cheddar_Man, post:57, topic:3731222, full:true”]

Yes. Im sure you’ve spent a lot of time on mattbattle. :kissing_heart:

He does seem to be counting rolling at seminars and training sessions in this new interview. At that point, he’s probably right that it’s way over 450 but who gives a shit?

2 Likes

I actually raged a couple times in the past because I clicked some link to watch a fight or some shit and ended up there lol. Back when I OGed from a desktop computer.

Eventually this whole forum knew to right click and check links before they opened them lol.

1 Like