Rickson vs Zulu:historic picture

ttt for answer from BroHymn or other Brazilian. Did Zulu have and MMA training??

About the article, i didn't buy the magazine yet so i can't give more details.

And about the atpe of fight,i think that this fight wasnt even recorde. The footage which is on the Gracie in Action is for their second fight which was held on Rio de Janeiro. This article is about their first bout which was held in Brasília.

Peace and''um grande abraço''

Cool pic. ALso, you can plainly see that Zulu wasn't the 250 pound behemoth that some made him out to be.

wasn't rickson like 17 years old when they fought the first time?

Cool picture.

If you don't see it, stick the URL in your browser.

http://www.graciemag.com/edicao/capa/capa90g.jpg

Elvis

think rickson was like 21

Rickson gets slammed HARD in that clip, ouch!

dude, I was a few months old when that fight happened ;o)

awesome picture

What was Zulu's style? Anyone?

Wow...1980!

Rickson was doing our sport for almost a quarter of a century and newcomers like Chris Brennon and all those other idiots on this forum talk shit about him constantly. I can't even imagine the knowledge he has about MMA and BJJ. Damn.

lol...he was a fuckin pro wrestler!

Yeah, Rorion states Rickson wore a gi in the first fight. The second fight was in Gracie in Action 1, but he wore white shorts so Im am puzzled!

i just watched part of it in CHOKE

Zulu is not letting go of his arm so he obviously had some training.

i couldnt view the vid can someone post here.

rickson from what i understand never wore the gi in any of his fights.

that pic is of renan pintagui(sp)fighting tadue and he renan lost.

see rolls catching rickson as rickson falls out the ring

Its a picture from the first fight. The first fight was recorded and Rorion has a copy of it or did have when he did the interview with Playboy Magazine.
Hawk

hawk have u seen it, can u give us any juicy details.

And Rickson's thing for fighting pro-wrestlers was started..

It's from their firts fight. The article is about it because nobody has had acess from any pictute sfrom this fight until this present day.

Peace and''um grande abraço''