Rickson vs Zulu:historic picture

Is there any site that offers that issue? I recall one site had subscriptions in the US.

Thanks.

You guys act like someone fighting for a payday is the worst thing that ever happened, like he molested a kid or something.

You can wear all your bullshit "Fight to live" and "Violence solves everything" shirts, like you have some rare warrior spirit that makes you more than you really are (like the assclown that used to rag the RAW fighters for not taking $50 fights on the old RAW forum), but the bottom line is that most of these guys fight for money, not for honor or anything else (despite what they say). Would you take a few hundred thousand to beat some pro wrestler you know you can smoke? Don't give me that, "I wouldn't, because it wouldn't be in the best interests of the sport" line, because everyone here would do it without a second thought. Add a few kids and a mortage into the equation, and suddenly your little fantasy world crumbles.

Very few people fight for anything other than the paycheck, or whatever may come of it (ie a fight in a bigger promotion for more money).

How come no one questions Tony Hawk or the first back flip BMX guys. Now people do doubles and more than 900's, does that mean the guys who evolved the sport by doing it first aren't as good??? NO!! They are given credit and RESPECTED... What Rickson did is even MORE IMPRESSIVE!!! The haters need to give up and find a cause that actually has some credence...

Guapo, get help man, really

kbath is correct about the money part. Rickon did fight for his honor too though. I someone really wants to fight Rickson for real they can. Just ask Anjo or Duarte...

Hugo Duarte, for example, wanted to fight Rickson again after his loss at the beach. He got a gun and went to Ricksons academy to force a challenge. Rickson fought and beat Hugo in a parking lot and dumped him in a dumpster. That´s real fighting...

"well, the thing with the Zulu legend thing is that they say that everyone was afraid to fight him, but that at the same time that everyone knew that Rolls was the best...doesn't work both ways really."

Well, Zulu was afraid to fight Rolls, so he faught Rickson. Can't says I blame him.

Bungle, just to clear up a small myth...

Takada sent Anjo (and they both knew he would lose) to get Rickson to agree to fight him in that by having Rickson beat up Anjo, the press/pro-wrestling fans really wanted this fight (earlier Rickson wasn't so sure about this)...

he didn't send Sakuraba for obvious reasons ;o) The whole purpose was for Anjo to lose, and lose big, but get press. Takada and Rickson are both a lot smarter than people realize. (no, Rickson didn't know that was why Anjo was there at the time)

For tthos ewho wants more info about Gracie-Magazine check their website:

www.graciemag.com

Peace and''um grande abraço''

Allright, Mike greenwood, who WAS the greatest MMA fighter in 1980? anyone?

TTT

"Best MMA based on beating Zulu?"

Best based on being better than everyone else.

sothy,

hows vancouver treating you?

ttt

People forget one thing about Rickson.

He is a natural human beeing and fought Zulu. Today everyone is big using juice and whatever but the Gracies where just average people who where in shape but no juicers so you have to respect this even more.

"Allright, Mike greenwood, who WAS the greatest MMA fighter in 1980? anyone?"

good question

Nice bikini

Sothy,
I read the japanese MA mags at the time. From the whole situation, they sent Anjo but allegedly, they sent someone else, and replaced that prowrestler with Anjo. I guess they thought they might be able to dupe Rickson by replacing someone with some "fighting" background. That was what one take on the situtation.

Yes, Rickson was "set up." After the fight, Anjoh presented Rickson with a present (samurai helmet) or something. The japanese MA mags even published a letter they sent out to the press and Rickson accusing him of being a fake. That's funny coming Takada's dojo.

They brought the japanese fight press in tow and it was to goad Rickson. With the potential payday by fighting Takada and also getting revenge on Takada for the setup, Takada's camp finally got Rickson in the ring - not once but twice.

LOL @ the haters

cool pic