RICKSON WON'T FIGHT TYSON.

Yes Tyson hits amazingly hard - but I don't think that is the important part. The important part is that he throws amazingly hard punches with accuracy at fighters with good head movement in combinations. Tyson is not an elite "boxer" in the sense that he is good at setting up punches, but in a fight like this I think that almost works to his advantage - because he won't be tentative.

IMHO this is a very dangerous fight for Rickson, but by no means a test of Rickson in an MMA sense - just a style versus style sense. I think it is an intrigueing matchup that would actually be worth the change Rickson demands if shown on American PPV and if it brings MMA to the many huge boxing and Tyson fans.

I see Tyson with a solid chance of winning this. I am not of the opinion that Rickson is an elite takedown artist and at his age against a short and stocky much heavier man with plenty of streetfight experience - who knows. Randy Couture versus Tyson? No contest!

My prediction... Rickson by DQ victory

If he got Tyson in anything or even pinned down on the ground I would expect everything and the kitchen sink from the madman.

The fight won't happen unless both fighters recieve $5 000 000 each!

its funny how you allthrow the "stupid" around here.

"Man you guys put Tyson on this pedastal and the guy would get his ASS KICKED by even a Matt Hughes or Carlos Newton."

Probably most of the guys on the UG with 1 month of BJJ and tapout bumperstickers could kick his ass also.

You guys are wastin' your keystokes. This fight simple ain't gonna happen. Tyson made 5 million in his last fight which lasted 1 minute. Can Pride match that?

LOL comparing Tyson to Warring.

Warring was an IBF Cruiserweight Champion. Whatever that meant at the time. He was 17-4-1. My understanding is that that belt meant that you were the best guy outside of the top ten. He beat an over the hill boxer to get that title.

And wearing that glove was almost cartoonish.

Warring wasn't the boxer that wore the glove against Royce. I believe Warring was the champion boxer who lost to Renzo in another event.

I wonder if Rickson would demand special rules like Royce is now famous for?

If tyson got the right people training him for 6-12 (focussing on preventing takedowns) months, he'd crush Rickson!

Like Camel said, Rickson's takedowns are very mediocre for a fighter.

Tyson hit Mitch blood Green in a street fight one time and he broke the dude's face. I saw the picture. If tyson hits any NHBer or K1 guy with a solid shot, they're going to sleep.

Unlike other NHB fighters, I think Rickson's an excellent opponent for tyson because of his weak takedown skills.

Lmao at karate guys hitting harder than my 83 year old grandma. And a boxing gym is definately not the right place to look for the hardest punchers....hahahahahahahahahahahahahah stop my fucking cheeks are hurting. What planet are some of you guys on????? and obviously a kick is harder WTF

"Face it, most fights, even with sprawls, end up on the ground. It's the current constant standups and rounds that give "anti-grapplers" any consistent chance of winning on the feet."

I for one am not talking about limited rules or am I saying that a pure boxer would have a shot against Rickson.

I'm saying a boxer like Tyson with strength, size, and enuogh time training in wrestling (6-12 mnths intense) could stay on his feet against Rickson. That is, long enough to knockout him out.

How long has cro crop been wrestling? You can probably argue that the rounds actually hurt him against Nogueria!

Gordon Hester is correct. Others should follow the example he sets, he is always respectful, even if he disagrees with you.

All fighters should be respected, especially someone like Rickson Gracie.

Gary Hughes

I think most of the arguments here are moot (although I agree with grumpygorilla), because, although I like tyson, I think he realizes that he wouldn't have much of a chance against top quality MMA fighters.....and we all know that Rickson isn't going to fight ANYBODY.

After the water bottle incident, I would be concerned Rickson might try to bite Tyson.

Okay for the FUCKING TARDS, WHO THINK TYSON COULD EVEN FUCKING AFFECT RICKSONS BODY, WATCH CHOKE HIS FUCKING DOCUMENTARY, ddamn sorry for all caps, it fucking shows him WORKING each one of his stomache ab muscles individually, i mean its fucking crazy lkike a machine, if u think anyones hurting ricksons rib cage or stomache think again, go watch choke, fucking learn about the fighter your doubting, and dont speak of the Legendary rickson in anyway but legendary.. lol cheesy

agreed hes like a machine, but a solid body shot from tyson would drop anyone if he was wearing nhb gloves.Rickson is still human, tyson punches like a truck and has proved it over and over again.... bottom line

Gordon...why is calling Rickson a chicken shit different from calling anybody else one??? I call him a chicken shit because he talks shit,runs his mouth and calls out other fighters. Never giving other guys credit...yet when they challenge him. He fades away.. Thats why!!!!

Why are we talking about this?

Striker18 said -- "Boxing can lead to decent power, but doesn't have the same technique that karate involves. If you want to find the best power punchers in the world, don't go to a boxing gym, go to a karate school."

You are out of your fucking mind. This is so stupid that it doesn't even warrant a response, but here's one anyway: If your theory is true, then why aren't all of the karate masters in the world going for the big paydays in boxing, since they would surely be able to win with their devastating technique and power and "ki-yah"s?.

Were you going for dumbest thing said all year? If so, pat yourself on the back.

"Gordon...why is calling Rickson a chicken shit different from calling anybody else one???"It's not any different. Why the need to call any fighter names?