Ricky Lundell & ADCC Championships

Anyone know why he didn't compete this year?

Because he didnt compete or win in the trials, and was not invited.

is he still wrestling? probably getting ready for the upcoming season if he is

This kid is supposed to be a stud, but not hearing much about him lately. Won that FILA stuff and kinda faded into obscurity.

CJJScout - This kid is supposed to be a stud, but not hearing much about him lately. Won that FILA stuff and kinda faded into obscurity.
I know that the FILA championships are coming up in December and the trials are Oct. 22-24 in Arizona.  I'd bet that he competes again.

I also read that he may become a graduate assistant at Penn State.

Kinda strange that he wasn't invited to ADCC, with his FILA championship and Iowa State wrestling.  I would have liked to see how he'd do.  Oh well.

Ricky always seemed like a really nice guy. I hope he does the FILA championships again, he's a great grappler.

Wonder why he would go be an assistant coach for wrestling and not try to do something with BJJ?

CJJScout - Wonder why he would go be an assistant coach for wrestling and not try to do something with BJJ?

It's just a 'rumor' that he's going to Penn State.   But, I imagine that one reason to do it would be to get more practice in a D-1 wrestling room.

I wish he competed more. He would make waves. I believe he's only 20 or 21.

He's currently in Vegas training UFC fighters.

propofol - He's currently in Vegas training UFC fighters.

This would make sense since the Penn St. staff is set.