Rico Chip... on Rickson

I was at the after party at WEF in Augusta, GA where Trigg and the Janitor fought and someone asked Rico C about Rickson. This was in the 2000 time frame and Rico answered this guy and said Rickson was nothing more than a marketing genious because he had rolled him. Discuss....

Discuss what, chickson?

paulo filho thinks rico is full of bullshit

gusto -  Rico C used to talk a lot of shit back in the day, then he fought, then, well, i dont hear so much any more

lol

Well, Rickson is a marketing genius. That's a true statement.

truthisalive - 
gusto -  Rico C used to talk a lot of shit back in the day, then he fought, then, well, i dont hear so much any more

lol

double lol

Butterbean = King of the 3 rounders.

Rickson = King of the tomatos.

i was able to train with rico a bit back in the day. never got to roll with him though and but i heard he was very very very good from people at RAW. anyways i did hear him speak of his fight and he said he did get tired just like anyone else in their first fight. nerves etc...

there is a story to him and rickson rolling. i cant remember it and i dont wanna confuse it with the schultz story so ill let an old schooler recall it. i do remember hearing he had to wait hours upon hours or something like that to finally roll.

Rico is bitter at the world after being shafted by Randolph "the myth" Couture.

rickson by armbar :29 ...thats all rico had to say as it happenend

ttt

I met Rico at ADCC years ago and he was a complete jerk. He had a bad leg/ankle (limping) and I was speaking with him by the food stand and asked him what happened and he was a total ahole about it =(

I trained at RAW for awhile and Rico was cool as shit to me and everyone I saw him train. You must have caught him on a bad day. He rolled with Rickson and Rickson couldn't take him down. After that they they decided to start from different positions on the ground. They never went full bore but Rico didn't come away thinking that he was a grappling GOD.

LOL, how do you know what he was really thinking. You also left out the part where he was tapped out...more than once.

Rali - I trained at RAW for awhile and Rico was cool as shit to me and everyone I saw him train. You must have caught him on a bad day. He rolled with Rickson and Rickson couldn't take him down. After that they they decided to start from different positions on the ground. They never went full bore but Rico didn't come away thinking that he was a grappling GOD.

No question that Rico is the superior wrestler to Rickson. I have a hard time believing Rico would say anything negative about him though. He welcomed me at Raw when I was a Rickson student and never said anything disrespectful about any Gracie.

LOL @ this thread. Trigg fought in WEF 9 fucking years ago.

Rico never said a bad word about any Gracie when I trained at Raw. Sounds like BS to me.

"LOL, how do you know what he was really thinking."

Because he told me. Does that count? He said they never rolled so he didn't tap from a sub being put on him in real time. Rickson showed him some of the moves and Rico tapped like you would when anyone is teaching you something.

He wasn't disrespecful of Rickson he just said he didn't think that they guy is an unbeatable machine. Rico has rolled with some world class wrestlers in his time and knows how good someone is.

IP - Well, Rickson is a marketing genius. That's a true statement.

Is it???

cause ive been around forever and Ive never seen Rickson self promote. A lot of stories about him but non actually from him.

Loyd Irvin... now THERE is a marketing genius... Rickson, not so much

BUFFGEO - 
IP - Well, Rickson is a marketing genius. That's a true statement.

Is it???

cause ive been around forever and Ive never seen Rickson self promote. A lot of stories about him but non actually from him.

Loyd Irvin... now THERE is a marketing genius... Rickson, not so much

Rorian marketed the Gracie name while Rickson marketed himself. Neither did anything wrong. They created a demand and Americans provided the supply - Business 101.

400-0 used to be referred to on Rickson's website (I don't know if it still is). When you're talking about fighting, or teaching people MA, that's fantastic marketing.

Rali - "LOL, how do you know what he was really thinking."

Because he told me. Does that count? He said they never rolled so he didn't tap from a sub being put on him in real time. Rickson showed him some of the moves and Rico tapped like you would when anyone is teaching you something.

He wasn't disrespecful of Rickson he just said he didn't think that they guy is an unbeatable machine. Rico has rolled with some world class wrestlers in his time and knows how good someone is.

LMAO, so Rico has rolled w/ some worl class wrestlers but DID NOT roll w/ Rickson, so he knows how good someone is ?!

HA ! really ? So they just went over technique, did not roll or spar at all on any meanigful level and Ricco opinion about Rickson matters how ? Based on what ? Some drills ?

Yeah, I'm sure Rico really felt he could tool Rickson based on that. Rickson got off lucky aparently.