Rigan Machado 365-0 career record?!?!?

how on earth if you are into bjj, no less a champion, do you not know who Rigan is, or what he looks like?  All machado brothers look more or less the same..

The sad thing about this is he used to be a great grappler.

But he has a huge ego that has caused him to blatantly lie about his record. It's not an error or someone else who has made this mistake on his behalf. It's on all his bio's and all his sites.

The reality is in his major fights he has actually lost 8 and won only 7.

http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/rigan-machado

Not only is he lying but it's insulting to all the great grapplers who have defeated him.

Waiting for 1st post/troll responses.

These must be grappling matches only because I can't find one video or one verbal account of Rigan fighting in a real fight. If there is such a record please show us the video.

Like I said before the Machados are good at grappling but when it comes to fighting they have not shown they are good at that. Jean only MMA fight he lost to Fran Trigg in a real bad showing.

Ernest Estrada - These must be grappling matches only because I can't find one video or one verbal account of Rigan fighting in a real fight. If there is such a record please show us the video.

Like I said before the Machados are good at grappling but when it comes to fighting they have not shown they are good at that. Jean only MMA fight he lost to Fran Trigg in a real bad showing.

How is going 3 rounds with Trigg with one hand a bad showing? He was all over Trigg until he made a mistake and got knee'd in face. His brothers threw in the towel because o the blood from the cut but it wasn't like he got KO'd.

I do agree his sites and bios go way beyond hyperbole and plan lie

I did like the one that says

When grapplers discuss the legends of Brazilian jiu-jitsu they talk about Rigan Machado in hushed tones Phone Post 3.0

Did Kutcher ever do that competition? Or was it just a publicity stunt to promote the event? Never heard anything about it. Phone Post 3.0

He also lost to Cassio Cardoso at brown belt. 

Wutang - 
Ernest Estrada - These must be grappling matches only because I can't find one video or one verbal account of Rigan fighting in a real fight. If there is such a record please show us the video.

How is going 3 rounds with Trigg with one hand a bad showing? He was all over Trigg until he made a mistake and got knee'd in face. His brothers threw in the towel because o the blood from the cut but it wasn't like he got KO'd.

His one hand allowed him to win many grappling matches so do not consider that a handicap. Frank Trigg lost more fights than he won and he lost quite a few to a mata leao. So no the fight was not good considering who he is and his background in Jiu-Jitsu. My point is the Machados were never known for fighting as compared to their cousins and nephews. So Rigan saying he won of 300 matches is kind of over the top since he and his brothers are not known for fighting skills.

Ernest Estrada -
Wutang - 

His one hand allowed him to win many grappling matches so do not consider that a handicap. Frank Trigg lost more fights than he won and he lost quite a few to a mata leao. So no the fight was not good considering who he is and his background in Jiu-Jitsu. My point is the Machados were never known for fighting as compared to their cousins and nephews. So Rigan saying he won of 300 matches is kind of over the top since he and his brothers are not known for fighting skills.

Frank Trigg was 21-9 in MMA so I don't know what record you were looking at. Also 3 of those losses came from pound for pound the best in the sport at the time. Matt Hughes and GSP. Trigg was no easy fight for anyone.

Ask any professional MMA fighter having the one hand is a horrible disadvantage. Phone Post 3.0

Rigan will still kill you with his side control.

I had 13 matches in one day at small tournament. Did weight and open weight in gi and nogi. It was brutal. Phone Post 3.0

Robobear - 

QFT.

Wutang - 

Wutang - who told you that story about JJ  being all over Trigg for 3 rounds before he made mistake? Was it JJ himself?

I was one of the very fortunate few who actually saw video of that fight before anybody else. That JVT was not on Worldwide PPV. I was training at the Machados, when they came back with that same story Wutang is saying. I believed it until I saw the video a week later. The video was given to me by Egan Inoue, as his brother Enson fought Randy Courture on that same card.

Sorry, Wutang, Trigg was beating up JJ real bad that whole fight. JJ kept shooting in on Frank from a mile away, Trigg just kept kneeing him in the face every time he lowered his head to try to bumrush. JJ had horrible striking and kicking skills, and not much in MMA grappling either. Trigg just mauled him. The only competitive round was round 2, when JJ tried to turn it into grappling match. But that didn't work out too well. The knee to the face in round 3 dropped JJ and that 's when the towel was thrown in. Otherwise, JJ was on his way to being KO'd.

This fight took place when Trigg was pretty much an up and comer to MMA, and not a veteran.

Robobear - 

Apparently he can even beat Chuck Norris (assuming that's him at the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmG8fP1_zTY

Does explain his habit of promoting celebrities, you can clearly see Chuck Norris earnt his BJJ Blackbelt the hard way through years and years of drilling and perfecting techniques.

No, he WAS 365-0 ..before he entered the ADCC and fought Ze Mario and Esfiha.
and Trigg.

he has a points loss to esfiha. esfiha is a beast

Howard Liu - 
Wutang - 

Wutang - who told you that story about JJ  being all over Trigg for 3 rounds before he made mistake? Was it JJ himself?

I was one of the very fortunate few who actually saw video of that fight before anybody else. That JVT was not on Worldwide PPV. I was training at the Machados, when they came back with that same story Wutang is saying. I believed it until I saw the video a week later. The video was given to me by Egan Inoue, as his brother Enson fought Randy Courture on that same card.

Sorry, Wutang, Trigg was beating up JJ real bad that whole fight. JJ kept shooting in on Frank from a mile away, Trigg just kept kneeing him in the face every time he lowered his head to try to bumrush. JJ had horrible striking and kicking skills, and not much in MMA grappling either. Trigg just mauled him. The only competitive round was round 2, when JJ tried to turn it into grappling match. But that didn't work out too well. The knee to the face in round 3 dropped JJ and that 's when the towel was thrown in. Otherwise, JJ was on his way to being KO'd.

This fight took place when Trigg was pretty much an up and comer to MMA, and not a veteran.

wow.

I also heard the story of JJ dominating Trigg up untill the knee in the 3rd round.  First time I'm hearing of this.

Has a video of that full event ever surfaced?

The JJM fight was kinda sad when they met in corner Rico chiperelli demanded refs examine JJM deformed hand and how it was gloves and the ref had to really look at it close. Seemed kinda awkward , let's point out his disability when he's stepping in to fight. It took awhile too. I seen the fight plenty but not in years. He had trigg once in a sick crucifix, but they ended up tangled in the ropes. JJM had pretty good skills at closing the distance, I remember thinking that his shots on his single legs looked really good but then again he had an elite wrestler fighting him. but the one knee that cut him was a real nasty cut. It was sorta like a fight where only one guy was allowed to strike. Jean Jaques just tried to close and then catch him in something.

JJM is awesome. Always looked at his as a link between Old school to new school as far as his grappling style.

rigan was number 2 in brazil in the 90s second to rickson.   his match on youtube with rickson was a legit match.  rigan said he just got his black belt, and then competed against rickson.   

rigan not undefeated,  but not a slouch either. 

Company Blue - JJ did try to turn the fight into a grappling  match in round 2 and caught Trigg in a crucifix for a brief moment. Trigg was able to escape without taking any damage. That must've really fustrated JJ as that was his moment to take advantage, but couldn't.

I disagree with you about JJ being good at closing the distance and executing those single legs. Everytime JJ lowered his head about 6 feet away to bumrush, Trigg's corner would yell "KNEE!!", and sure enough, Machado would eat one every single time. When he would attempt the bad single, Trigg would just pound on him until he let go or fall down.

JJ Machado's inability to take the fight to the ground on his terms gave Trigg every advantage to throw bombs at him.

Other than that, JJ Machado is a legendary sport grappler, and Trigg retired him as a MMA fighter