Rigan Machado vs. Rickson Gracie (Rigan speaks)

HotSteppa - A lot of the NEW BJJers in the past decade don't realize that Rigan was considered a demi-God to most earlier BJJ practitioners. Make no mistake, he ran through world champions in training. He demolished Pe De Pano was threw a hissy fit apparently.
Rigan didn't have the mindset, to be a world champion. He had the skill, but you need a mind that is conducive to punctuality, regular training, athletic conditioning, strategy, injury management, etc.

Rigan fought Rickson publically, twice, and was beaten both times.

Yep.  One of his brothers, can't remember which, had said that for the first five minutes of any match, Rigan was unbeatable (or something along those lines)

in

Later Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Rigan and Jean jaques where the top guys in Brazil from what I have read. can anyone confirm that ?

Later Phone Post 3.0

SlapUsilly - 
HotSteppa - A lot of the NEW BJJers in the past decade don't realize that Rigan was considered a demi-God to most earlier BJJ practitioners. Make no mistake, he ran through world champions in training. He demolished Pe De Pano was threw a hissy fit apparently.
Rigan didn't have the mindset, to be a world champion. He had the skill, but you need a mind that is conducive to punctuality, regular training, athletic conditioning, strategy, injury management, etc.

Yep.  One of his brothers, can't remember which, had said that for the first five minutes of any match, Rigan was unbeatable (or something along those lines)

yup...very cool video. True legend in the shadow of Rickson.

I'm disappointed whenever I hear someone say disparaging things about his physical conditioning now or his work with some celebrities. I'm sure that the people he's giving privates too are learning from one of the best ever.

Meatgrinder -
SlapUsilly - 

yup...very cool video. True legend in the shadow of Rickson.

I'm disappointed whenever I hear someone say disparaging things about his physical conditioning now or his work with some celebrities. I'm sure that the people he's giving privates too are learning from one of the best ever.

I would train with him at the drop of a hat to get some old school knowledge. ut it is not secret that he is, how sahll I say, unreliable, to the point of not even showing up to some of his own seminars. 

He lacked the discipline needed to be the champion. Not everyone, not matter how skilled, has the fortitude to develop the attributes required to consistenly win against the best of the best. 

Mustard Tiger - ttt

Indeed!

TTT 

How about carlos? I know he really good but any good stories on carlos machado Phone Post 3.0

For later

Great vid. Proud to be part of Rigans lineage!

INteresting

In

The Arm Collector -

Wow, that's great. Voted up!

In Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor -

Love this kind of stuff

Voted up op Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0