Rilion Gracie- Best guard on the gracie family

never hear anything about him and would like to know more. that best guard in the family thing was a quote by rickson btw. he has said rilions guard is the only guard he respects (at a seminar). being roger gracies biggest bjj influence i would think there would be more on the guy but maybe he has gone out of his way to not get media attention. also was watching the early UFCs over and saw him walking in with royce and rickson and the whole family. he is always in rogers corner with renzo too. anyone know anything? Phone Post

*in the gracie family. would edit but dont know how on the app Phone Post

ttt Phone Post

If Rickson said it, then you should believe it... Phone Post

Matrixkick - If Rickson said it, then you should believe it... Phone Post

pretty sure this is sarcastic but either way, many very skilled jiu jitsu players have admitted to getting tooled by rickson. saying his game is next level. so whether or not the guy has lied in his life shouldnt discredit this statement. also being rogers greatest bjj influence (admitted by roger himself) is no small thing. roger is arguably(i only add arguably to address the 1% that may disagree) the best bjj player on the planet. fundamentals like no other Phone Post

thought i put this on atama bjj, some mod mind putting it on there?

thanks in advance! Phone Post

I heard Rickson make that statement back in the 90's before Roger competed. Supposedly he inflenced helped Royce development his guard style.

Rilion Gracie top left.

crowbar - Rilion Gracie top left.

thanks for the pic crowbar. and yup! thats a young strapping rilion. i would also love to know what his experience training with his brother rolls was like. he seems to look similar to him Phone Post

They said that no one has ever passed his guard..
I was a white belt...
they said maybe today would be my lucky day!! LOL

Poinjt being they said his guard has never ben passed, and he didn't disagree.

he kinda looks like that knazan fellow from that pic.

I wonder how rusty his side control escapes must be since he has never had his guard passed.

seriously though, Rillion is the man. He's just so low key with everything that there are so many others who are more known than him.

link to that Gracie Mag feature:

http://www.graciemag.com/2010/09/9686/

BigH - link to that Gracie Mag feature:

http://www.graciemag.com/2010/09/9686/

thanks bud Phone Post

CompanyBlue - I wonder how rusty his side control escapes must be since he has never had his guard passed.

seriously though, Rillion is the man. He's just so low key with everything that there are so many others who are more known than him.

agreed. love the fact that he is so soft spoken and does not seem to feed off media attention or anything. a true martial artist in every sense of the word Phone Post

Who is in the red shirt?

vegard - Who is in the red shirt?

Chuck Norris Phone Post

www.graciemag.com/2010/09/9686/ 

I think Rilion is the best kept secret in the Gracie family. As a student of his, I hope it stays that way because the mats are already getting crowded.

It's a treat to watch him roll. Just when it looks like someone has passed his guard, he always . . . ALWAYS finds a way to get a leg in and recover. It's hard to copy because it's hard to follow how he does it. Anyone that gets to Miami for any reason should come in and see for themselves. Rilion is amazing to watch.

Mark Hunter - I think Rilion is the best kept secret in the Gracie family. As a student of his, I hope it stays that way because the mats are already getting crowded.

It's a treat to watch him roll. Just when it looks like someone has passed his guard, he always . . . ALWAYS finds a way to get a leg in and recover. It's hard to copy because it's hard to follow how he does it. Anyone that gets to Miami for any reason should come in and see for themselves. Rilion is amazing to watch.

I train there too, started this summer. what rank are you mark? im sure ive seen you. I go like 3 or 4 times a week Phone Post