RINGS Japan 1993-1995: any MMA?

Has anyone seen the "RINGS Battle Dimensions" tournaments in 1992, 1993, and 1994? I'm interested in knowing if any matches are legit. FcFighter lists them on their database, but Sherdog doesn't. I'm aware that most of RINGS matches were worked at this time.

I read a Jon Bluming interview where he mentions Chris Dolman winning them as if they were 100% legit.

Thanks for any info.

TH

TTT

TTT

WORKED all of em...

TTT for any more info

Back during that period of time, Rings was almost exclusively works. On occassion, K-1 fighters would have matches on their cards, K-1 rules, that were legit.

Peter Aerts fought Adam Watt, Satake fought a few, and even Dirty Bob Scheiber fought in a kickboxing match. Rob Kamen also.

The grappling matches had pre determined outcomes. In reality, Volk Han, Andre Kopylov or Chris Dolman would have destroyed Akira Maeda.

Thanks. I'm interested in tracking down some of these few legit matches from RINGS.

The Changpuek Kiatsongrit vs. Yoji Anjoh RINGS fight from 1989 sounds very interesting, and it's said to be legit.

I was surprised to see this tournament listed on FCfighter.

TH

"The Changpuek Kiatsongrit vs. Yoji Anjoh RINGS fight from 1989 sounds very interesting, and it's said to be legit. "

I thought that was in a UWF event.I'm almost positive it wasn't in Rings

I saw the Nyman /Satake fight as well. It was originally scheduled to be a grappling shoot, but the promoters changed it to Kyokushin - kai rules just prior to the fight. Talk about a homefield advantage for Satake. That was his total game at the time.

Nyman went through with the match, and Satake hammered him all over the place. Nyman did'nt appear to be too upset. He appeared like " Hey I'm getting paid, I'll work here again".

Yep, Miller's right. I've been working too hard. Kiatsongrit vs. Anjoh was in the UWF.

Thanks to Wild Celtic & Dogmeat for the info.

TH