RIO de JANEIRO to host 2016 Olympic Games

Just announced in Copenhagen, Denmark. in the presence of Brazilian President "Lula" and soccer legend "Pele" Brazil wins the bid, beating out Madrid, Spain.

Get your thongs out bitches!!!!

I'm thinking those recent fatal beatings in Chicago didn't help.

awesome. Love that it's on the same time zone. Yes Chicago would have been better...but what you gonna do?

Alot of citizens in Chicago didn't want it there anyway. Rio is a much better choice IMO

Congrats Rio!

jaseprobst - I'm thinking those recent fatal beatings in Chicago didn't help.

oh, that doesn't happen in Rio?

Does that mean they'll try out BJJ as an exhibition sport?

congrat RIO...maybe they will have BJJ or grappling?

UFC should set up a event at the same time!

in Brazil of course

Congrats Rio, should be great seeing the games from Brazil.  Chicago had no business with the Olympics.

BJJ AS AN OLYMPIC SPORT!!!! LETS DO IT!

haha

Poor planning IMHO.
World ends in 2012 according to the mayans, chinese, and the Web-Bots.

crotchlessgis - Poor planning IMHO.
World ends in 2012 according to the mayans, chinese, and the Web-Bots.

word

Hopefully, the BOC will choose BJJ as one of their demo sports. Hopefully it will draw major attention and get consideration to be a regular event. I mean come on there is synchronized diving, trampoline, and I think there is even mountain biking now. Why not BJJ or some sort of sub grappling?

Marsman: You are correct the citizens are the big losers here. The gov't will use some of their new oil money to pay for this when it could have went to the people.

MarsMan -  Big loss for Rio citizens as the state and city have no money to pay for all that needs to be done.

The federal government is going to pay for part of the bill, but in the end, those who are most benefited are the big construction companies, TV networks and corrupt government officials.

Well...at least I'll be sent there to work

lol

The people from the Favelas, are going to have a field day with tourists.

I thought this was great news for the people??? I thought the IOC gave them a lot of money for facilities and the village? I think over the long term it will be of great benefit to Rio and bjj.

The ceremonies are gonna have so many smokin hot scantily clad chicks too.

sure would b nice to have sub grappling in the olympics