RIP IsoHunt

BitTorrent search site IsoHunt will shut down, pay MPAA $110 million

isoHunt, a search engine for BitTorrent files founded more than a decade ago, has agreed today to shut down all its operations worldwide. The company, founded by Canadian Gary Fung, has also accepted a judgment that it must pay the movie studios that sued it $110 million. It's not clear how much of that the studios will actually be able to collect.

Fung gave up his long legal fight just weeks from having to defend his site in federal court; a jury trial was scheduled to start on November 5 in a Los Angeles federal court. Earlier court rulings had already determined that Fung was liable for "inducing" copyright infringement, so the court trial would have largely been about damage control. The MPAA had stated studio lawyers would have sought as much as $600 million had the case gone to trial.

circa305 - One down and five more pop up.

Just move to the next one.

True story, bro. Maybe I am missing out on some, but it's thepiratebay.sx, kickass.to, & bitsnoop for me...

Nucky - 

110 million shit the site prolly never even made that much.

LOL at 110 million dollars...

. Phone Post

wow

TPB FTW!!!! Phone Post 3.0

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Phone Post

Well.... Looks like the pirates bay be the place for me yaarrr Phone Post

Kickass.to is my go to Phone Post 3.0

Yiffy torrents is amazing Phone Post

There's a few being funny at the moment, strange outages etc.

sad thing is the movie industry is making more money now than ever before

brody3316 - 

this.all good quality too

brody3316 - 

this.all good quality too

Damn Phone Post

Just so you guys know im screencapping all of you who are admitting to pirating stuff so now I have leverage.

Piss me off and I go to the cops. Phone Post

Jimmy Rustler - 

Just so you guys know im screencapping all of you who are admitting to pirating stuff so now I have leverage.

Piss me off and I go to the cops. Phone Post

tell your mom i said hi

lol Phone Post

rip