RIP Joe Camacho

Trained with him a few times in the late 90's at Mark Hall's gym RIP

RIP

I met Joe about three years ago, he taught me a few things on the mat that I will never forget. RIP Joe. Phone Post 3.0

RIP Joe.

RIP Joe. One of the nicest and most generous guys I ever had the pleasure of knowing and training with. I just freakin' talked to him two days ago at the NABJJF World's and thought a friend of mine was joking when he told me what happened.

I will see you again some day on the other side, my friend. It's true when they say only the good die young.

Jesus Christ; this is terrible news!  :(

RIP Joe!

Really sucks to hear. I competed alongside of him coming up thru the years. He always seemed like a great guy and in it for the love of the game.

RIP JC

It is very sad to see all these folks recently die of heart attacks and heart-related issues. RIP Joe Camacho- you left your mark on this world in a big way. Phone Post 3.0

Very sad. I just read his escapes article in the last issue of JJM. Phone Post 3.0

nobones - 
brahmabull81 - Damn, another heart attack? RIP Joe, I saw a couple of your fights on AXS and even saw you KO Denny a few years back. :(

We need all fighters to start REALLY making sure they have a healthy heart. Severe heart issues run in my family, so I have been and always will be very cognizant of that. Please, fighters, get your hearts checked out!! Strenuous activity is GOOD for you but can be bad for your heart in the long run. They say long distance runners have a higher chance of shortened lives due to the stress they put on their hearts.
Ummm...when seemingly healthy athletes start having heart attacks in their mid thirties and early forties a lot of times it is indicative of previous abuse of steroids and/diuretics or growth hormones. This kind of abuse can lead to enlarged hearts or microfissures that lead to problems in 10 to 20 years. Phone Post 3.0

While you definitely have a point and that is something that needs to be kept in mind and warned against, let's be careful not to jump the gun and accuse anyone without prior knowledge they've abused such drugs. Not saying you're accusing anyone, just that we shouldn't without some evidence even though what you're saying is true. After all, there are medical conditions that can also lead to heart attacks in young healthy athletes. It's a scary situation.

It's sad to see guys like Joe and Shane die so young and so suddenly.

RIP

rip

Wow! I am totally blown away by this. Joe was a fixture at ANYTHING related to the sport. He was always up to compete, train, hang out, whatever it was as long as it was related to Bjj/mma.

Man, this is a shock. Phone Post 3.0

I competed against Joe as purple belts back in the late '90s and we became friends. Always quick to greet me with a big smile. My heart felt condolences goes out to his loved ones.

The World is without one truly great martial artist and an exraordinary man that touched many lives.

I'm so sad.

SD CARTEL - Terrible. Watched him fight many times in KOTC ets
RIP

Classic southern Californian badass meat and potatoes type, this country just became slightly more pussified with his passing Phone Post 3.0

R.i.p Phone Post

Fought with Joe in Guam at PXC Terrordome. All of the old-schoolers there, like BJ Penn were like, "watch this fucking guy -he's crazy! He's got a shitty record, but that's only because he'll fight anyone, any time, any where without notice..."

Sure enough his fight with Ross Ebanez was full of crazy scrambles, weird positions, and excitement. I was a fan of Joe Camacho after that.

Sad news.

Pours out alcohol

fos

Wow, what a shock... What a terrible surprise especially for those close to him.

RIP

wow..sad news..he was my coach in the ufc gym in rosemead....such a nice and cool guy...R.I.P brother.... Phone Post 3.0

Ah fuck. Terrible.. Way too young.

RIP, and condolences to his friends and family. Phone Post 3.0

RIP Phone Post 3.0