RIP Tough RBG! Republicans Must Fill The Seat!

In fact... McConnell and all but three or four Rs have shown repeatedly that they play cutthroat, win-at-all-costs politics over, and over, and over again. 

No hate. No judgment. That's just observed reality. 

Just as we saw in the Kavanaugh confirmation process and the impeachment trial: there will be a few Republicans who will be "swing votes". Even that isn't typically done via some sort of principle, reasoning, or even genuine consideration. The Rs who don't follow the party on important matters do so typically for their own political calculus (like re-election).

I doubt they vote before the election but I think they will try in the lame duck sesssession. However I'm not sure if Mcconnel will be able to get someone confirmed.

This could be huge for the 2nd amendment

Rip. Now fill the seat.

2 Likes
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

In fact... McConnell and all but three or four Rs have shown repeatedly that they play cutthroat, win-at-all-costs politics over, and over, and over again. 

Just as we saw in the Kavanaugh confirmation process and the impeachment trial: there will be a few Republicans who will be "swing votes". Even that isn't typically done via some sort of principle, reasoning, or even genuine consideration. The Rs who don't follow the party on important matters do so typically for their own political calculus (like re-election).

There was no reason for any Republican to vote against Kavanaugh.

I’m not saying the right isn’t politically “cut-throat”.

But the Kavanaugh nomination was a no-brainer.

That said… as far as current events-- the left has been more relentless in general than the right.

The right somtimes makes the mistake to try and find common ground and appease the left.

Then the left DEMANDS more.

The right clearly and inarguably has the moral high-ground…

… but they could learn something from the consistant political terrorism of the left.

… and yes, I realize the irony of that statement.

Bring in Barrett. She should of been the pick last time. Irish Catholic. Like 6 kids. I believe an extremely conservative voting record!?!?. No way the left can tear her apart. She a strong. Educated successful mother. 

put a male in there and someone is coming out of the wood works for the smear. Investigation. Stall etc. run out the clock type antics. They will assassinate his character. I just don’t think they can play that card with a woman justice. 

1 Like
Marion Cobretti - 

Bring in Barrett. She should of been the pick last time. Irish Catholic. Like 6 kids. I believe an extremely conservative voting record!?!?. No way the left can tear her apart. She a strong. Educated successful mother. 

put a male in there and someone is coming out of the wood works for the smear. Investigation. Stall etc. 

Agreed.

Is there a black woman on Trump’s list?

Marion Cobretti -

put a male in there and someone is coming out of the wood works for the smear. Investigation. Stall etc. run out the clock type antics. They will assassinate his character. I just don’t think they can play that card with a woman justice. 

Already vetted too. 

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1307129293366079488

2 Likes
onepunchJD -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

That said… as far as current events-- the left has been more relentless in general than the right.

The right somtimes makes the mistake to try and find common ground and appease the left.

… but they could learn something from the consistant political terrorism of the left.

First part re: Kavanaugh, of course.

Second part: pure partisan delusion. 

Hopefully Pelosi the drunken whore is next

![](upload://5P8w9Pv2Qx4qENOuhmQBPqC8IoB.png)

![](upload://1vSyVpRYRnNOAgLXZVcCsx7rG0F.jpeg)

Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
onepunchJD -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

First part re: Kavanaugh, of course.

Second part: pure partisan delusion. 

“”""""“Second part: pure partisan delusion.”""""""

Wrong.

The left refuse to give Trump any credit for anything.

The right is, indeed, partisan.

But the left has taken that word to a new level.

BTW -

I just accidentally voted you down.

Although we disagree politically – I didn’t mean to do that – and will get you back tomorrow.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI3c0G8iAlo

^ I have my kids watch clips on Scalia & RBG's friendship. Great example that when you are a step above Facebook comments, what we see among elected representatives, the culture wars -- the level that Scalia and RBG were operating on as intellectual, judicial giants is a different ball game. 

1 Like
AngryGerbil - 

I would like to see this.

But under the circumstances, it should probably be a woman or a minority.

1 Like
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI3c0G8iAlo

^ I have my kids watch clips on Scalia & RBG's friendship. Great example that when you are a step above Facebook comments, what we see among elected representatives, the culture wars -- the level that Scalia and RBG were operating on as intellectual, judicial giants is a different ball game. 

Not trying to add to the negativity here, but it’s hard to not see RBG as being destructively partisan. She held an incredibly important chair as she was on death’s door - probably for quite a while.

I’m capable of doing a shitty job at work if I have a headache. I can’t imagine DYING while serving on the SCOTUS. Irresponsible to not retire imo.

2 Likes
onepunchJD -
AngryGerbil - 

Cruz has already said he would not accept it. 

Luke Rockhard -
onepunchJD -
AngryGerbil - 

Cruz has already said he would not accept it. 

What is the senate break up? 53 rep. 45 dem. 2 independent who are Dems. So 53/47. Mitt and the two woman rinos, mcorsky or whoever the fuck and Collins.  That makes it 50/50. Tie breaker Pence. I don’t think we can give up Cruz’s vote. 

Festus -
camicom -

The MSM already making things up

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1307101237779853313

Pretty sure she did say that verbatim.

you sound like the media "pretty sure" you either do or don't anything else is fake news. so what is it? i want facts!

Erik Apple -
gtownhoya -
Erik Apple -
gtownhoya -

I bet Trump doesn't regret a single shot he took at Mitt Romney. But he should.

Romney, Murkowski, Collins...

He could lose all 3 and be ok

Not If Grassley keeps his word

I Wasnt aware of this info, sorry

You may be right in the long run.

I think it'll be fascinating to see how people like Murkowski and Grassley react when Mitch puts the vote before them. It's one thing to say I don't support nominating/voting on someone and another thing entirely to have a vote called and abstain. I could see Grassley, for example, saying "I don't necessarily support the fact that we are voting, but since my colleagues have called for a vote, I'm going to do my job and vote yes or no."

Kwang -

Very well natured thread. 

As an Asian woman, how many traffic accidents have you caused?  Just curious.