Rising Sun 1993 movie

From a Michael Crichton novel starring Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes, Tia Carrere, and Harvey Keitel. I watched this one a dozen times on showtime back in the day and really liked it.  Haven’t seen it since the mid 90s though. How good/bad is this movie today (if it’s even available)?

Watch it and find out

Funny...several members that live in the orient think the same way

ChomskyBlackBelt -

Haha! I loved that flick!

I too haven’t seen it since the 90s though...

Having lived in Japan for many years now, I should watch it again and see  how my perspective on it has changed.

34% on Rotten Tomatoes hahaha

The book it's based on was written when America was terrified that Japan was going to overtake it economically. By the time the movie came out Japan had already began it's lost decade.

Luncha Libre -
ChomskyBlackBelt -

Haha! I loved that flick!

I too haven’t seen it since the 90s though...

Having lived in Japan for many years now, I should watch it again and see  how my perspective on it has changed.

34% on Rotten Tomatoes hahaha

Really? I enjoyed it. Saw it in the theaters and learned the ancient Japanese concept of senpai/kohai (I assume my spelling is off)!

Snipes: "Sempai? That sound a bit like 'massa', to me!"

Random Thug: "You should know I'm a black belt, and Jeff is too." Connery: "Of course you are, dear. "

I only ever watched it for that one sex scene!

Hammerstein - The only parts I remember are the scene with the motorcycles and katanas and the sex scene. I'm good with not having my memory refreshed beyond that.

"Plundering our natural resources..."