RITC 61 - Results

are heel hooks legal now?

The pics are amazing. congrats to all.

Hi Jed

No heel hooks are not legal.

"GrappleGirl"

No, heel hooks are not legal, but if you feel you might be losing, just do one and hope your guy cant continue. Then you get a no contest.. hahahah

Its too bad that fight had to end like that. I know Varner wanted to continue once he realized he wouldnt get time to recover. But once a ref makes the call, thats it.

Darrel,

"But once a ref makes the call, thats it."

Funny, my ref at Grapplers Quest didn't know that Shyt, LMAO !!! Hey, How are you? I haven't seen you in awhile. When are you gonna be back @ Bill'S and When can I get a copy of my fight? I hope all is well...Holla.

Travis

Was Upshur losing before the heelhook??

I wouldnt say he was totally dominated, but on the feet he was losing the fight. And he had the hardest time taking Varner down. Varner wanted to stay on the feet the whole fight. When on the ground, it didnt stay there very long cause Upshur couldnt keep him there. So, I think most people would say up to that point he was losing the fight.

Travis, hows it going. I havnt trained since my fight. I went on vacation, then hurt my back again pretty bad. Im back on full duty at work and hope to stop by towards the end of the week. I have the Grapplers Quest footage on DVD. I will get it to you soon.

The DVD's are now done. Check it out.

www.welldonemma.com

ttt

I have a hard time believing Varner was beating Upshur on the feet but if he was I'm impressed! It looks like Varner has added some weapons to the arsenal.

I want a rematch Jpet. I want a rematch! Atwood - I am going for the KO 24-7.

Jamie "The Supreme killer of Death" Varner

A Varner vs Upshur rematch would be awesome.

How about a Varner vs Upshur superfight at Desert Quest June 5th? if you 2 would be interested give me an email GrappleGirl@hotmail.com I undestand if you guys said you would rather Fight in the Cage before you 2 did a Grapplng match together. But if intereted just email me.

"GrappleGirl"

Hey this is varner I'll fight, I'll graple, I'll box,and I'll even wrestle Upshur if I have too it doesn't matter me and him have unfinished business. This is not a bash on Upshur but we need to finish what we started.
Jamie "the kidd" Varner

"I have a hard time believing Varner was beating Upshur on the feet"

You will feel differently after watching the fight. It got to the point where Upshur was doing everything he could to keep it on the mat but he just couldnt keep Varner down.

Upshur is pretty good, but Varner was right on his game that night.

out of all the pictures you could've put up the one of me getting heel hooked.

I think a Varner vs Upshur match up would be awesome in what ever they decided to compete in. Both are awesome athletes.

I have the go ahead from Varner for a super Fight at Desert Quest June 5th. If anyone can get a hold of Upshur please have him email me so I can set this up.

"GrappleGirl"

Jamie Varner throwing against James Upshur

Is Varner a southpaw??

Thankyou that is much better
thanks to all that are supporting me I'm 19 and I will fight in UFC or Pride someday
Jamie Varner

GG - Upshur is out of town until next week. Ask him about the DQ supefight when he gets back.