RITC 61 - Riggs vs Johnson

Hans is tough but you are delusional if you think he would last more than 20 seconds with Joe. I think the reason Joe is not ranked is because he is floating around weight classes just collecting paychecks. I doubt he even cares if he is ranked as long as he is getting paid.

stixx,what are you weighing right now?you look to be 180-190?would you fight either,and how do you think you'd do?you are a bad man.you dont look like a fighter,but dude your bjj is good.your fight against the soul man was great!youve gotten thick bro.that college life seems to be treatn you ok!

I would fight Hans, but I wouldn't fight Joe because we had a pact to never fight echother. I just never wanted to do damage on my friend. J/K, I'm willing to admit Joe would beat me like a 12 year old girl.

TTT for RITC :)

"GrappleGirl"

Hi Spooneylove - I see you've been a UG member for 3 weeks and this is your very first post ( hmmmmm ).

Spooneylove: "jpet-how is it that joe riggs is not ranked in rage in the cage?that is ridiculous!!!ive heard that the rankings havent been updated in some time,but even then he should still be #1,in whatever weight class he was or is.he's a destroyer"

JPet: I update the ratings after each and every show for matchmaking purposes. Just e-mail me whenever you need a current and complete copy. I'll post the current Top 3 RITC ratings for each division.

Super Hvy

1. Vince Lucero
2. Cory Timmerman
3. Herb Garcia

Hvy

1. "A-Dawg" Sullivan
2. Andy Montana
3. Aaron Brink

Lt Hvy

1. Edwin Dewees
2. Homer Moore
3. Bryan Pardoe

Middleweight

1. Joe Riggs
2. Brodie Farber
3. Rich Moss

Welterweight

1. Drew Fickett
2. Kyle Brees
3. Gabe Casillas

Lightweight

1. Santino Defranco
2. Ed West
3. Carlos Ortega

Spooneylove: "why did Riggs fall out of grace with ritc"

JPet; I do not understand your comment. The personal friendship between Joe, Roland and I has never waned. When you talk with him next, just ask him. Additionally, Joe made his MMA debut in RITC in Sept 2001. That year he fought in two RITC events. Additionally here is Joe's ongoing affiliation with RITC.

CY2002: fought in 7 RITC events

CY2003: fought in 4 RITC events and I accompanied him to the Netherlands to fight in K-1 and Roland accompanied him to Montana to fight in the Art of War.

CY2004: headlined RITC 60 ( Mar 20 ). Headlining RITC 61 ( Apr 30 ). Brodie Farber recently requested a summer RITC matchup with Riggs for the undisputed RITC Middleweight title.

Spooneylove: "and now you want desperately to have your name associated with Riggs?"

JPet: Three weeks ago, this and related topics were thoroughly discussed, debated and argued on the UG. The prevailing "third party" consensus was a desire for the arguing to cease. Please e-mail be if you would like to discuss this one-on-one.

Spooneylove: "also,when will i see a marrero/riggs matchup?"

JPet: please see Ray Elbe's response.

Spooneylove: "VIVA LA CUBE!!"

JPet: to each his own :)

Good stuff. Have fun

what i mean by fall out of grace is this:joe made his ritc debut in sept 2001.right?ok,he has been dominant in any division that he has been in.he beat andy montana decisively once,and was on his way to doing it again the 2nd time.(no disrespect to andy,he is a great fighter and i love watching him!)well,how is it that he wasnt ranked BEFORE OR AFTER THAT FIGHT.what i am i asking is what reasoning do you have for not having him ranked?also,he had a stint that he wasnt allowed to fight ritc for awhile.why is that?im sure you will dance around the question,or try and twist it into something else.jpet,you shouldve been a politician.you missed your calling!

and santino at ltwght?how long has it been since he has even fought ritc?along time!when do you plan on having him in another show?

Their was not a long list of Fighters signing up to Fight Joe. Battle Cat was in the last RITC in Casa Grande. He won in less than a minute I believe.

"GrappleGirl"

I'm gonna go see how many seconds it takes Dean Lister to tap me out. I think I can make at least 3 with the Champ lol

"GrappleGirl"

Spooneylove: "what i am i asking is what reasoning do you have for not having him ranked?"

JPet: ????? I posted the current rankings above and offered to send you the entire rankings upon request. He IS ranked.

Spooneylove: "also,he had a stint that he wasnt allowed to fight ritc for awhile.why is that?"

JPet: your information is not accurate. There are only three fighters that have ever been "blackballed" from fighting in RITC. One out of state and two local. Their names and the associated reasons are not for public disclosure. Riggs is NOT one of them.

Spooneylove: "im sure you will dance around the question,or try and twist it into something else.jpet,you shouldve been a politician.you missed your calling!"

JPet; I posted direct and polite replies to ALL your inquiries and you want to go negative on me ?? It seems to me like you want to argue ( lol ).

Spooneylove: "santino at ltwght?how long has it been since he has even fought ritc?along time!

JPet: Santino scored and impressive win over Randy Spence in RITC 45 ( Mar 2003 ).

Spooneylove: "when do you plan on having him in another show?"

JPet: Santino may have a big non-RITC fight soon. His next RITC appearance will be whenever he is available and wants to fight in RITC.

Hi Gino - get with the program ( lol )

Just two months ago Shane Johnson was named Fighter of the Night in RITC 59

Fight #8 ( Main Event )

Shane Johnson ( 205 ), Hinzman's MMA

won by submission ( knee bar ), :53 Rd 1

Roger Mejia ( 220 ), AZ Punishment

Roger's RITC record going into this fight was 9-1.

Shane was training hard for the big MMA event in Korea scheduled for March which got cancelled.

"Diesel" vs "Battle Cat" should be a WAR !!!!

I understand Ginos questioning. It has been a long time since Shane has fought. I hadnt heard anything about him in years. He fought in Casa Grande and beat Mejia very quickly. Mejia is no slouch. For him to come back after all that time and have a win like that was great. He could have done a LOT worse, for example watch the first fight from the last RITC. LOL

I think this will be a very entertaining fight. Cant wait.

ttt

Who else would fight Riggdizzell? Finding opponents for him is like finding a full beer glass near him

right.i understand that he is ranked right now.according the rankings on the ritc website,joe was not among the top fighter in any weight class.that is about the same time that he fought greg wikan in evolution.was he taken off the rankings for fighting in another show in the phoenix area.(other than yours.)it seems as if you omiited him as a punishment or something.

Hi spooneylove - the rankings on the web site are from Aug 2003 ( 8 months ago ). The old RITC web site was easily able to transfer my Excel spreadsheets. For the new web site, the web master claims there would be a lot of manual effort to put up my new ratings monthly. Joe was omitted from the August 2003 rankings because I was unsure if he would ever again fight in RITC. This will be his 4th RITC fight since that time and he has been in all recent updated ratings.

joe was omitted from the august 2003 rankngs because you werent sure if hed ever fight ritc again?why is that?isnt that around the same time as his appearance in evolution?babyface is your #1 lt hvy,when is his next fight?

evolution was july 19,2003.thats suspicious!in august you werent sure if he'd be fighting ritc again.was he retiring or what?

spooneylove - this thread is about RITC 61. I'll be more that happy to discuss the above items one-on-one with you, as I mentioned earlier, just e-mail me.