RIZIN bantamweight champion Kai Asakura has signed with the UFC

https://x.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1799707958944891328

4 Likes

Huge loss for Rizin but I’ve always wondered how Kai would do in the UFC.

Really wish Rizin would sign more international fighters…

1 Like

The Rizin boss was advocating for UFC to sign him and Horiguchi, so I guess he doesn’t see it that way :thinking:.

As I understand, the Asakura brothers are the biggest names in JMMA these days and with a few good prospects already in UFC, maybe they’re gearing up to start having shows there again.

1 Like

Man I’m so excited for his first fight. I’m a huge fan of the Asakura brothers so I hope he can find the same success in the UFC! I will definitely miss seeing him in Rizin too though.

Kape and Jiri transitioned well so I’m optimistic

3 Likes

He seems to be a smaller bantamweight (Last Weigh-In: 133.8 lbs), so maybe 125 is an option. He’d be an immediate contender there. 135 is a different story, much longer road.

1 Like

He’s 1-1 against Hori

Maybe he can get a rematch against Manel Kape

1 Like
2 Likes

lovely knee at 46 seconds

He’s going to be hampered by the UFC rules and I can’t see him beating O’Malley or Sandhagen.

1 Like

like Gomi.

Gomi was arguably even more shot by the time he got to the UFC. Kai will be a top 5 contender at the most.

1 Like

Shot or more drug tested?

I like this dude. I used to watch rizin on new year’s.

1 Like

Still 30, got time

I hope he does well, will watch

About half way thru his most recent fight with Juan Archuleta. He def gets hit a lot and stands with his chin in the air.

Ok, nice finish but still major flaws in his defense.

2 Likes

Maybe both?

He’s kill or be killed alright, will bring some excitement into the division.

My prediction is that he won’t do very well. I give him a 3-3 record with a couple of bad KO’s before he retires.