RIZIN has signs of becoming a flash in the pan

or even less than that.

It is going to appeal to some old fans, but these fans now have families to feed and know better ways to spend their money. Semiretired fighters would never appeal to younger audiences.

Fuji TV has still been hesitant about airing it live, which is the key to the success of this event especially in Japan. PRIDE started going downhill after the excitement of being able to easily see it live was gone.

Honcho Sakakibara has no experience of creating an MMA event from scratch. He only took of the helm of PRIDE when his predecessor committed suicide. Now he is flying everywhere to close deals, but the fighter he has had sign so far are not that impressive.

Things are faster paced now and the old way of not releasing the names of the fighters until the last minute makes other businesses less interested in collaborating with the event.

Moreover, the semiretired fighters and people inexperienced in MMA are more likely to get injured, which would add to the medical bills.

This old fan will be watching it for free on Spike and am looking forward to it.

I dont think anyone sees This promotion as anything other than a 1 or 2 events a year type thing. Enjoy bro! Phone Post 3.0

You make shitty points.

The fighters he has got so far aren't impressive?

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Shinya Aoki
Rena Kubota vs Jleana Valentino
Yuki Motoya vs Nam Jin Jo
Daiki Hata vs Hiroyuki Takaya
Yuichiro Nagashima vs Andy Souwer
Gabi Garcia vs Lei'D Tapa

Other announced fighters,

Fedor Emelianenko
Kaido Hoovelson
Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Bruno Cappelozza*
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal*

Rampage is also another possibility with his current contract situation, which would likely end up in the 8-man two day tournament. I also wouldn't rule out some last second match ups. But when was the last time that Japanese MMA had a card like this?

It will air on Spike as well as overseas and they will make it a huge, huge event.

I don't have a family to feed and spend my money on whatever the fuck I want.

What are you trying to say?

Are you calling me a failure? Phone Post 3.0

No shit. The first sign was signing Fedor. Phone Post 3.0

one event only and the Jap runs with all the money?

I truly doubt they will even last a year. It seems like a trial run in hopes of landing a TV deal In Japan. If they don't, they're done Phone Post 3.0

Hopefully they are back, fighters need paychec options Phone Post 3.0

I submit cats - You make shitty points.

Fedor Emelianenko
Kaido Hoovelson
Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Bruno Cappelozza*

Rampage is also another possibility with his current contract situation, which would likely end up in the 8-man two day tournament. I also wouldn't rule out some last second match ups. But when was the last time that Japanese MMA had a card like this?

It will air on Spike as well as overseas and they will make it a huge, huge event.
Yeah a murderers row... Phone Post 3.0

I hope they pull together even if they are a combination of gimme fights and pseudo-prowrestling, just so they can re-energize the japanese market and be one more option in the market.

Why was babalu standing with the others at the rizin announcement last night but no mention of him? Phone Post 3.0

Fedor Emelianenko
Kaido Hoovelson
Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Bruno Cappelozza*

Some great fights in there :/ Phone Post 3.0

Jump Kick - Why was babalu standing with the others at the rizin announcement last night but no mention of him? Phone Post 3.0
I think he was there to translate but they never got that far Phone Post 3.0

Japanese MMA has always been weird, it's probably aimed at a domestic audience with their own interests. Phone Post 3.0

I lost all respect for King Mo after Dynamite.

He deserves nothing. Phone Post 3.0

The Power Double -

Fedor Emelianenko
Kaido Hoovelson
Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Bruno Cappelozza*

Some great fights in there :/ Phone Post 3.0
Not every fight in Pride featured Cro Cop, Big Nog and Wanderlei by the way.

"Pride Never Die!" Everybody on this board sucks the nuts of pride and now that it's back you expect the first show they have to be back to the level of the 2005 GP? Give it some time, let it develop and let's see what happens. Phone Post 3.0

Some signs point to this being a one and done show. Their promotion on spike the other night was pathetic.

Old guy who talked like he knows 200 words of english saying, "We are having fight".

[cue to what looks like some tall soccer mom and a drag queen facing off (sorry if I dont know who these two women are, I watch Glory, almost all MMA shows I can find. Should I know who these people are?)]

They briefly face off and give a staged shove.

"Also King Mo will be representing King Mo in our 8 man tourney!"

King Mo steps to the mic and basically says, "I'm King Mo, you'll see" crickets

Really?

They could have hired (even a cheap) PR person to come on the mic. In about 40 seconds, Tell everyone about their new promo and that they have big things coming up in the future. "This is the first in many exciting shows to come. Tune in and see some great talent!"

If King Mo had any sense he would have appealed to the fans of Bellator and pulled on their heart strings a bit and tell them that he will do his best to represent Bellator (and their great fans) and do all our fans proud. Done.

I will probably skip this card if I can find something better to do. I do look forward to the UFC having competition again and look forward to some of the cards they can put together in the near future but, damn, step up your game people.

GIF request of Tall soccer Mom fighter shoving other tall woman fighter with drag queen hairdoo
-not trying to be a jerk. I respect anyone who gets into the cage to fight. Good on these two women getting to make some money and fight. Can someone learn me about who these two women are ? I am a genuinely intrigued and would be interested in watching women at heavier weights fight.
I liked how King Mo kinda broke them up and he smiled and mumbled something about, "why am I doing this?" That was good

Jerry Millen is involved....need I say more? Phone Post 3.0