RJJ looking 51

When comparing training videos, Tyson isn’t moving like a 50 year old. 

https://www.insider.com/roy-jones-jr-fires-back-mike-tyson-speedy-training-video-2020-9?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

![](upload://fllLWktxwdUrA2nLJ3SkSQJVO0y.png)

So we should login or pay to watch a video of a 51yr old Boxing?

KaiTangata - So we should login or pay to watch a video of a 51yr old Boxing?

Barry_BondsMVP - 

nvm, had to disable security to watch!

I see a man who had such great physical attributes allow him to be so fancy, hands low, head up and that type of fighter as they age becomes a walking KO HL reel.

All I could think of was how open his entire head was and how little defense he has.

If Tyson goes for the kill, RJJ is screwed!

1 Like
KaiTangata -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I see a man who had such great physical attributes allow him to be so fancy, hands low, head up and that type of fighter as they age becomes a walking KO HL reel.

All I could think of was how open his entire head was and how little defense he has.

agreed, I grew up watching Roy. It’s sad to see him plod around the ring like an old man with arthritis. 

1 Like
KaiTangata -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

RJJ Used to have attributes that made ignoring fundamentals possible…

He's not boxing some European jobber this time. Them low hands are gonna be a problem 

2 Likes

Is it just me or is he missing the pads with the end shot? 

Maybe he is just too fast lol

steak and chicken -

Is it just me or is he missing the pads with the end shot? 

Maybe he is just too fast lol

Yea not sure if that’s on purpose or not. I’ve seen some boxers throw the long hooks and the pad holder purposely moves away. I think the shorter crisper hooks are usually caught on the mitts by the holder. In this case they just may be working on long hooks to counter Tyson’s aggressive >

Roy’s is impractical after age 36 imo.

Father time undefeated.

Jones was heavily reliant on athleticism and PED’s during his career.  The testing got tougher as he started to age so his decline was like falling off a cliff.  

HillboFrateTrane -

Jones was heavily reliant on athleticism and PED’s during his career.  The testing got tougher as he started to age so his decline was like falling off a cliff.  

Disagree with the PEDs as testing is and was a joke. IMO his chin caught up to him. Roy was an amateur god. His chin has god knows how many more miles than your average 18yo pro world champion. 

He's still very, very fast. Can you imagine how fast he was in his prime?

1 Like

that butt on #4...

KaiTangata - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

agreed, even in RJJ’s prime he would do thing that were wrong, but he was so fast he got away with it…Age has slowed him down enough, thats no longer the case.

Jinton Quackson - 

that butt on #4...

You mean 5…

ProteinOverdrive - 

He's still very, very fast. Can you imagine how fast he was in his prime?

Yeah I try to picture Roy Jones with 4 ounce gloves on in Mma . I remember Anderson Silva wanting to fight him in Mma. If Weudman caught Silva just imagine what Roy would have done lol

1 Like

I can't believe this thread.

Y'all musta forgot.

3 Likes
Festus -

I can't believe this thread.

Y'all musta forgot.

Hi Roy !

Fella in the back looking at them cakes